Q:

Lost sourse of 6k nitrogen

There sure not much going on here for as the Mutes lately… Been waiting to see if another used one might show up forsale. Thought I had one here while back, but I think the guy selling it was helping a buddy out or something, nevertheless; I didnt get the chance to buy it.

I have already figured a way to move the cocking lever up to just in front of the trigger, was looking forward to doing that with the used mute. I think it would be quite the mod for those also. Heck maybe the new mutes will have that moved in front of the trigger…

Now today I find out no more 6k nitrogen now. Its going to cost like 350.00 to fill, they are going to send it off to fill it also, which is a deal breaker for me also. Bummed out about this too…

Guess I will need to see if the fire department will let me fill a tank there. Then if so, get me a 4500 psi tank or two… Dang that is going to cut into the funds…

I had been thinking on buying a small tank to take to the field with me. Just had not planned to loose my source for the big 300 ci 6k tank of nitrogen that I filled from.

So now its going to need to be a big tank in there and wait for a small one… That being if the fire department lets me fill there. Its just getting to where a guy needs his own compressor I guess.

Taipan Air Rifles

All Replies

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

:hoot:

It’s good to know our forum members can give us the straight info on technical subjects!!!

When I was running the mile in high school, I was pissed when I saw one of the other team’s runners getting a whiff of gas from a cylinder to help his endurance…that is until one of my not so bright team members came up to me and said…”Can you believe that shit? They’re giving him Nitrogen before the race!!!” As memory serves, he didn’t do all that well. But then, neither did I.

That being said…I think Nitrogen is over-rated.

Hoot:

Oh yeah, major reserves under Toad Suck…you may even get rich..but they will find a way to go horizontal to get at it..unless you go horizontal first.

Regards,

DT

quote kidcurry:

It may be because we’re near the ocean. I think they can break down seawater directly into Nitrogen, KY Jelly and Sea Salt for salt grinders.

:hoot:

What worries me about using sea water for all those things is, they might eventually consider “fracking” to obtain even more seawater…is that even safe???

Hoot:

“More demand in Boston, LOL, ”

It may be because we’re near the ocean. I think they can break down seawater directly into Nitrogen, KY Jelly and Sea Salt for salt grinders.

Yes, the new way the can drill nowdays is going to make a better more cost effective way of getting to reserves that was not capable before.

The nitrogen I use tigging up stainless is the lower pressure stuff, around 2300 psi tanks. I use it to purge the pipe with while I tig it and use argon in the torch.

Just blew me away when I went in for the new tank of 6k nitrogen, to hear there will be no more… I guess I can go back to work in the oilfield so I can buy me the compressor I need,want 🙂 Then while you work in the oilfield, you have no time for anything but that work…

Yes, the new way the can drill nowdays is going to make a better more cost effective way of getting to reserves that was not capable before.

The nitrogen I use tigging up stainless is the lower pressure stuff, around 2300 psi tanks. I use it to purge the pipe with while I tig it and use argon in the torch.

Just blew me away when I went in for the new tank of 6k nitrogen, to hear there will be no more… I guess I can go back to work in the oilfield so I can buy me the compressor I need,want 🙂 Then while you work in the oilfield, you have no time for anything but that work…

The problem with nitrogen in my neck of the woods is I am in the middle of the oil field,
More demand in Boston, LOL,
With every 5th vehicle on the road is a welding truck, And with the welders making 120 to 140 dollars an hour and up! we got a huge amount of welding supply stores, But every one is wanting to cash in on the BIG money,
These blue color workers making 1,400 dollars a day, Do not ask price they just walk in and say I need this and that,
They found another huge oil supply east of us, A bigger boom is coming,
Crazy around this place.
Mike

Well, one of the issues we have here is the 6k pressure could be used to excite bomb components to really get hairy…

The tanks are really heavy and I am sure expensive, I was just leasing.

Getting them is not an issue for me with all the welding I do, I have around 5 or 6 of different gasses and fuels in the different cylinders.

The nitrogen is much more safe when lubes are being used on hpa… Lube pellets with a nice rich petroleum product and hit with hpa and you get an extra bang for your buck, literally 🙂

Getting the 4500 psi fill now is what I am going to look into more so than just buying the compressor. Sure the compressor is what I need to get, just not ideal right now, don’t have the extra 3k$$$ laying around… Money gets in the way with everything around my house…

quote bf1956:

What’s up with this? is nitrogen illegal for civilians? Could you fill me in for I just purchased a fill gauge and whip.

No. But I think availability/cost depends on where you live. I looked into it but I’m near Boston and there are quite a few sources around. I don’t remember the exact cost but it was much less than quoted above. Probably more demand around here though so lower costs. I ended up deciding to go the shoebox route.

What’s up with this? is nitrogen illegal for civilians? Could you fill me in for I just purchased a fill gauge and whip.

Rowdy
Wow not sure how you pulled the 6000 psi nitrogen tank off in the first place.
I posed as a motorcycle repair shop when asking around, They all thought I was nuts,
Had one taker, He would put the tank in my shop, chains and all to the wall, Charge me 75 dollars a month rent and fill in once a month if it needed or not, I think the refill was a even 35 dollars , I really do not remember the exact amounts, But it was crazy.
I was going to charge 5 dollars a motorcycle tire to fill with nitrogen , but that would still be a losing deal after the first month.
I do think nitrogen is better than regular air, The dryer the better.
Mike

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.