Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

Long time member, just now back into PCP guns

Home Forums Other Guns Other Guns Long time member, just now back into PCP guns

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  anthony266 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

triggerman
    Participant

Hey all….. I’m a long time member of the forum, previously TSS gun owner. Got out of the airgun sport several years ago and went strictly to powder burners with suppressors. Just yesterday, I received my first rifle by UPS and entering back into airgunning. I have read a lot and decided for the price, I was going to jump on an ATI Nova Freedom in .22 cal. I was very impressed from the moment I unboxed the rifle. Yes, it’s pretty much like carrying a Barrett .50 cal around, it is a very large gun. Very well balanced though and appears well built. The gun was empty of air upon unboxing and 65 pumps later, I had the gauge sitting on about 3200psi and was very easy to pump. I went outside right at dark and fired off a 10 round magazine and was impressed with how quiet it was. The Low setting is just a tad quieter than the High setting, but I could tell the High setting did hit a lot harder. It wasn’t until this morning that I put some rings and glass on top of it. From shooting the night before, the gauge was sitting roughly on 2800psi and 25 pumps later I was back up to about 3400psi. I had read JSB pellets were what these guns preferred but Pyramyd Air has not delivered, and all I had was a tin of Walmart 14.3gr Crossman Premier Hollowpoints. Two shots and I was zero’d at the 40yd mark. The next 8 shots could be covered with a dime as shown in the photo. I am pleased as can be with this rig and looking forward to more shooting. My chrony is DRT from my daughter putting an arrow through the front of it, so don’t have any velocity to post yet.

anthony266
    Keymaster

Welcome back Triggerman..
    Great shooting..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar