Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

Leshiy tuning tricks

Home Forums BullPups EdGun Leshiy tuning tricks

This topic contains 55 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  hoot 6 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Author

zonk
    Participant

Where’s Keyser soze been? Is he around anymore?

acourvil
    Participant

Anyone tuned a .25 Leshiy with a 350mm barrel recently? I’m curious what the best regulator setting turned out to be. I just swapped from the 250mm barrel to the 350 barrel, and the velocity went from around 760fps to around 835 fps without any tuning. I have the Huma regulator set to 115bar. I’m pretty sure I can get a better shot count with a few less fps, and I’m wondering what others with the long .25 barrel have done.

lars-atx
    quote Zonk:

Where’s Keyser soze been? Is he around anymore?

Someone posted he and wingman left the site. Idk for sure

ronin001

left the site??? thats strange

shooter3

Looks like they like AGN more as there is no freedom of speech.

ronin001

Wingman last on AGN was over a month ago. Maybe on vacation??

larryw22
    Participant

When your hobby or passion becomes a business you need to put your head on a swivel and check the wind direction often! Wingy, Brian and Donny have blossomed into first class CEO’s. Good luck to all of them!!!

Regards
    LarryW :smilen:

chwillbill68
    quote LarryW22:

When your hobby or passion becomes a business you need to put your head on a swivel and check the wind direction often! Wingy, Brian and Donny have blossomed into first class CEO’s. Good luck to all of them!!!

Regards
    LarryW :smilen:

Dose this mean we won’t see anymore tips on tuning and such from them on any sites?

airgunnerca
    quote Desmodromic:

OK, per Brian / Keyser’s advice here in the thread, I pulled my Huma-Air and adjusted up to 130 bar. As expected, this allowed the HST to have more effect and opened up the performance a bit. I don’t get the kind of shot count that Wingman does at either reg setting, and I think the adjustment was pretty educational. If I wanted to get consistent 725fps shot count, I’d dial the reg back down to 110bar (or somewhere in between) as I had in my original Huma setup. 770fps is pretty great, and although I only get 11-12 shots there, it’s good to know that I can make the power with the 250mm barrel. I’d like to experiment more once the 350mm barrels are available.

Here’s my original 110bar string from a coupe weeks ago, with the scale adjusted so you can compare the two charts directly:

And here are the strings with the Huma-Air set to 130bar (two strings at the same higher hst setting). You can see that I went in single HST clicks here as each click made a notable difference in performance:

You do see the velocity jump up once the gun comes off regulation at 130 bar at the lower HST settings, I assume this is because of the balance between the hammer spring and the regulator? At the HST settings I’m calling “-4,” the velocity holds flat all the way to where it comes off the reg and then drops off very quickly.

Overall, the purple string at 130 bar was quite nice:

11 Shots
    770.3 fps Average
    7 fps Extreme Spread
    2.15 SD
    33.5 ft.lbs / 45 Joules

I just got Leshiy gen 2 a few days from Tony. It was shooting JSB 18.13 at about 815 fps which is kind of powerful for me due to small backyard. I turned the power down to get 30 shots at 725 fps by adjusting regulator & hammer.

fatdude
    quote acourvil:

Anyone tuned a .25 Leshiy with a 350mm barrel recently? I’m curious what the best regulator setting turned out to be. I just swapped from the 250mm barrel to the 350 barrel, and the velocity went from around 760fps to around 835 fps without any tuning. I have the Huma regulator set to 115bar. I’m pretty sure I can get a better shot count with a few less fps, and I’m wondering what others with the long .25 barrel have done.

Would be interested how you got on? just got my longer barrel and waiting for the huma reg from the man in the brown van.

hoot
    Participant

:hoot:

Is everyone dead???

No new information? No talk? No Colibri’s in the market, so what’s happening, what’s everyone learned lately????

Lazy sluts!

Regards,

Kindly ‘Ol Uncle Hoot:

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar