Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

Leshiy tuning tricks

Home Forums BullPups EdGun Leshiy tuning tricks

This topic contains 55 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  hoot 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)
  • Author

acourvil
    Participant

There is plenty of info on here for tuning your Leshiy, and it is very easy to work on. Sometimes you need to do the work yourself . . . .

sippy99

anyone know were to order a new barrel and how to get it to 310 mm like wingman? I’d like to try and copy his setup so if anyone has any information on how to make a custom air stripper like he has done, please let me know. I would not be opposed to shipping my gun out to be adjusted.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

sippy99

Message sent! Thank you! Fingers crossed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

desmodromic

I bought my Leshiy and picked up the Huma-Air from Brian / keyser at the same time. I swapped the Huma in this morning and realized that my Leshiy had a 130 bar regular as standard. I didn’t do many chrono strings with the stock reg, but here’s what I found today with the Huma-Air at 110 bar. This Leshiy is in .25 with the original 250mm barrel and has a little less than one tin of pellets (all JSB King 25.39) through it.

I fiddled with the HST a bit to see what the tradeoff was with regard to power vs. shot count. The charts show only the shots before Leshiy fell off the regulator. I think the sweet spot for me will be with the HST at -2 clicks from stock as the performance was reasonably consistent and it was a fair bit quieter than the shots at higher power. 30 ft.lb is sufficient for my pesting needs and I’d rather have a little less noise than a little more power.

I should note that the blue string was shot immediately following the install of the Huma regulator. I should go back and re-shoot it as it has a bit more variation in the speeds than I’d expect.

keyser-soze

The Huma are set at 110 from the factory. With the new heavy valve return spring shooting the 25 caliber with the 250mm barrel the right setting is 130. Turning the regulator down to 110 applied to the gen 1 Leshiy. Turn the Huma to 130 with the 25.

For reference here’s what shoot the best with a 250 barrel and Huma
    .177 (10.34) = 100 bar (830 fps)
    .22 (16) 110 bar ( 815 fps)
    .22 (18s) = 120 bar (790 fps)
    25s = 130 bar (760 fps)

This is not an absolute value list just a good reference to start. Atmospheric conditions will effect your velocity

shooter3

A laminate handle for Leshiy is on sale now in For Sale -> PCP Bullpup section. Hurry up!

desmodromic

OK, per Brian / Keyser’s advice here in the thread, I pulled my Huma-Air and adjusted up to 130 bar. As expected, this allowed the HST to have more effect and opened up the performance a bit. I don’t get the kind of shot count that Wingman does at either reg setting, and I think the adjustment was pretty educational. If I wanted to get consistent 725fps shot count, I’d dial the reg back down to 110bar (or somewhere in between) as I had in my original Huma setup. 770fps is pretty great, and although I only get 11-12 shots there, it’s good to know that I can make the power with the 250mm barrel. I’d like to experiment more once the 350mm barrels are available.

Here’s my original 110bar string from a coupe weeks ago, with the scale adjusted so you can compare the two charts directly:

And here are the strings with the Huma-Air set to 130bar (two strings at the same higher hst setting). You can see that I went in single HST clicks here as each click made a notable difference in performance:

You do see the velocity jump up once the gun comes off regulation at 130 bar at the lower HST settings, I assume this is because of the balance between the hammer spring and the regulator? At the HST settings I’m calling “-4,” the velocity holds flat all the way to where it comes off the reg and then drops off very quickly.

Overall, the purple string at 130 bar was quite nice:

11 Shots
    770.3 fps Average
    7 fps Extreme Spread
    2.15 SD
    33.5 ft.lbs / 45 Joules

andilicious

Hi guys
    If I get a Huma reg for my UK sub 12 .25 Leshiy what’s the best reg pressure setting with 250mm barrel?
    I see 90 – 95 bar mentioned on the video but nothing seems to have been tested.
    Also I see the vid where Ed removes the brass sleeve to get up to full power. Would this benefit me in sub 12 to increase shot count?
    Thanks
    Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

cybernet69
    quote andilicious:

Hi guys
    If I get a Huma reg for my UK sub 12 .25 Leshiy what’s the best reg pressure setting with 250mm barrel?
    I see 90 – 95 bar mentioned on the video but nothing seems to have been tested.
    Also I see the vid where Ed removes the brass sleeve to get up to full power. Would this benefit me in sub 12 to increase shot count?
    Thanks
    Andy

You should wait before purchasing the Huma Regulator. They are bringing a new version out aimed at UK 12ft/lbs by using a smaller plenum but will give a massive shot count.

Also, if in UK and you do not have an FAC then do not remove that brass restrictor. It will cause the gun to be well over 12ft/lbs and will get you a very nice mandatory 5 year stay in HMP as you will be in possession of a Section 1 Firearm without a certificate.

andilicious

I was thinking that removing the brass restrictor would allow the air through better and then when it’s wound down to sub 12 it would give more shots.

I’ll sit and wait for the HUMA reg for sub 12 rifles. It was my post on faceache that he commented on saying he has some prototypes for testing.

serdac

I plan on ordering one in .25 and was wondering is it necessary to tune the reg if wanted to lower the power a bit. A 12-13 FPE Leshiy would be ideal for me. I was under the impression that you can do so by just turning the hammer spring (click) cw or ccw.

keyser-soze

I would not recommend a 12 foot-pound 25 caliber. You’ll be better off with a .22 or .177 caliber

serdac

.25 @ 12 – 13 FPE works fine for me. I’ve had a few springers set to that power. I shoot under 20 yards.

ronin001
    quote cybernet69:

Hi,

Got my Leshiy today…

– Gen 2
    – Calibre = 0.22
    – Pellets = JSB 18.1 Grain
    – Barrel = 350mm
    – Fill Pressure = 250 Bar
    – Human Reg = 110 Bar
    – HST = +10 From Min
    – FPS = 912
    – Shots = 28
    – FPE = 34

Silencer/Shroud removed.

Thanks,

WHAT Im not getting those numbers. I am shooting around 860 fps with fill pressure 220 Bar and maybe getting 12 shots Huma reg set for 108’ish. Filling any more just waist air so is My Huma reg not doing what it is suppose to do?

shooter3

No. It is a common phenomenon that filling above 220-250 bar is not efficient.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar