Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

Leshiy Regulator Adjustment

Home Forums BullPups EdGun Leshiy Regulator Adjustment

This topic contains 41 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  ernest69 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author

keyser-soze

anthony266
    Keymaster

Great video keep up the good work……

piterm

Awesome! Thanks a lot!!!

charlie101

Great video. Is there a hole on the air reservoir for the regulator to breath like Matador?

wingman-nz

No, it vents past the cylinders thread like the Altaros and Huma regs

hemn

great vid my bro Brian,,, waiting for more informative vids and infos ….

mrv

why 110 bar setting is better? get a few more shot or something else?

cricket
    quote mrv:

why 110 bar setting is better? get a few more shot or something else?

Attachments:

piterm

Any chance to estimate optimal reg pressure for .22 and .177 as well?

mrv

my gun is probably 130 bar because speed is .25 jsb (25.39gr) run 777 fps. and jsb heavy (33,95gr) 705 fps.
    .22cal pellets speed is jsb 15.89gr 882fps and 18.13gr 831fps. both calibers speeds have been shot 250mm barrels.

keyser-soze

MRV, based on those numbers and my personal testing your regulator is most likely set at 110. There is a common misconception regarding regulator settings. A higher regulator setting does not always increase muzzle velocity. Other factors also must be considered. The relationship of pressure keeping the valve closed and valve dwell time cannot be overlooked. Is the hammer heavy enough (or does the combination of HST and hammer weight provide enough force) to open the valve long enough to provide the proper volume of pressurized to send the pellet at the desired speed? In this case with the Leshiy decreasing the regulator from 130 to 110 bar increased the velocity of the kings from 630 FPS (130 BAR) to 775-780 (110 BAR) with no adjustment of the HST.

piterm

Correct me if I’m wrong but that must have also increased air consumption in the end?

shooter3
    quote Wingman NZ:

No, it vents past the cylinders thread like the Altaros and Huma regs

Do you mean that the spring washers chamber is vented to the atmosphere? I cannot imagine that. I know there are regs which vent through threads but they have an oring on the head not below all threads. Could you post a picture on how it works in Leshiy?

Keyser, as of the speed it’s weird that you had to do any adjustments to reach 750ish FPS in .25. Ed had that speed in almost every video about Leshiy he made.

mrv
    quote keyser soze:

MRV, based on those numbers and my personal testing your regulator is most likely set at 110. There is a common misconception regarding regulator settings. A higher regulator setting does not always increase muzzle velocity. Other factors also must be considered. The relationship of pressure keeping the valve closed and valve dwell time cannot be overlooked. Is the hammer heavy enough (or does the combination of HST and hammer weight provide enough force) to open the valve long enough to provide the proper volume of pressurized to send the pellet at the desired speed? In this case with the Leshiy decreasing the regulator from 130 to 110 bar increased the velocity of the kings from 630 FPS (130 BAR) to 775-780 (110 BAR) with no adjustment of the HST.

I guessed right the regulator was adjusted to 130 bar. Now it is adjusted 110 bar. next weekend I tested what are the speeds.

shooter3

Please tell me how it is with regulator venting – I asked about that one post above.

Keyser, what is Vmax you achieve in .25 with short barrel at 110 bars and fully compressed HST?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar