latest pistol stock design

Home Forums General Mods/Machinists latest pistol stock design

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    danointx
    Participant

This one is for a fellow forum member. Feedback appreciated:)

Dan

walkonking
    Participant

That is the best one yet. All you need to do now is have a mold made and mass produce it….lol

danointx
    Participant

Thanks!

I dunno about “mass” production, but I have actually made two of these in the last couple weeks since my last showing. I am trying to make at least one a week and I think that is doable providing I don’t change the design much from piece to piece. This one was designed as a longer stocked version so a bipod can be mounted on the fore end rather than the lower rail.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey DIT,

I have never been a fan of the home made wooden grips. To me, they look out of place, cumbersome, unappealing, and take away from the black tactical look of these guns. Kinda like puttin’ tits on a bull.

I must say that your design and workmanship is just AWESOME! It looks comfortable and retains the tactical look that I like. It appears to be sleek and lightweight. You have crafted something to be very proud of.

DH

hellratter
    Participant

Dan that is some quality work right there! Nicely done 😀 Flows really well and keeps that “tactical” feel to the rifle as DH said…must resist temptation…must resist… 😆 😆

rabbits
    Participant

DanoInTx mate as i,ve said to u before i love the full stock design u have done it,s a must for me to one day try one but for now i will sit back and admire your,s 😀

danointx
    Participant

Thanks again guys, I am happy to see positive feedback…makes trudging away in my hot garage after work worth it. So much easier to hit the recliner after a long day of work than to go out in the garage that is usually still boiling hot from the days weather. Will definately be making more of these, most likely the “long” stock version like I made here.

Don’t resist temptation, resistance is futile! 😥 ➡ 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯

Dan

rabbits
    Participant

DanoInTx mate try to do one out off a realy nice peice off wood and just give it a few coats off oil and lets c them like that i,m sure it,ll be realy nice 😀

walkonking
    Participant

Dano,

I say ditch that sheet metal trigger guard and do it Rapid style. Black looks good 8)

y
    Participant

Do you do other guns, Crosmans etc ?

I need a nice stock for my 2289.

danointx
    Participant

Nope don’t do Crosmans anymore, and have only done one Crosman stock with alot of help. I have made a few Crosman grips though. Not too interested in making more right now….maybe some day if I build another Crosman and need something to put on it:)

Here’s some updated pics of the pistol stock. Stupid summer cold has been kicking my butt off and on for a couple weeks now, hopefully I’ll get going on a few more within a couple days.

These are pics of the same gun/stock after final fitting and with the buttplate installed. It really changes the way the gun feels having the gun not slide down on your shoulder. Thanks for looking,

Dan

skybones
    Participant

Very nice! Dan ,is that wood? Thanks,tz

danointx
    Participant

Yup, it’s Poplar coated with rubberized bedliner coating. Very stable wood and nice to work with, but it has a very boring figure, so it’s not really worth finishing as a natural wood. It does look like a synthetic stock though.

Dan

walkonking
    Participant

Dano you are the man,

Your work really impresses me and that is not easy to do. True craftsmanship throughout

I have done a lot of wood work in my day with stocks and grips and the fact is you have it down pat. I would never dream of giving you advice because you shit don’t stink.

The use of poplar is perfect for the application and the bedliner really seals the deal in its look.

Keep up the good work.

beautiful1inva
    Participant

Dan
    will you make any of the long stocks to sell?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.