Skip to toolbar

Just got my Shelden 2.4cfm

Home Forums General Compressors, tanks and pumps Just got my Shelden 2.4cfm

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ajshoots
    Participant

Got my compressor today. Jim packed this thing in a very well built crate loaded with the compressor spare oil, filter repacking material, and very detailed instructions. Filled my guppy from 2900psi to 4500psi in under 3 minutes. Filled my tiger shark from 3800psi to 4500psi in around 4 minutes maybe less.

zonk
    Participant

WOW that’s fast!!

Wouldn’t even have time for a beer!!

eelect
    Participant

Pictures

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tbrady
    Participant

Does anyone have detailed pictures of the Sheldon 2.4 compressor or know if it can be run on 110 house current? Thank You.

juanch
    Participant

Hi Ajshoots, how much did the set up run you? Thanks!

humdinger
    Participant
    quote tbrady:

Does anyone have detailed pictures of the Sheldon 2.4 compressor or know if it can be run on 110 house current? Thank You.

Just go to http://www.sheldensportinggoods.com and look for the Be2-4v1 compressor listed for $1600 on the website for photos and specifications. The motor on this compressor can be wired for either 220V or 110V, but it’s not advisable to run the motor at 110V unless you have a 30 amp 110V circuit available. Most household 110V outlets have 15 or 20 amp circuits, and the amp draw for a 2HP motor will be around 26 amps or higher which will trip the breaker as the compressor builds pressure. It is preferable to use a 220V outlet that will allow the motor to run at 220V and 13 amps. High amp draw on 110V circuits creates heat if the household wiring is not a heavy enough gauge to handle it. That’s why they are protected by lower amp rated circuit breakers.

juanch
    Participant

Wow. Thanks for all the info!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.