Skip to toolbar

It was a good day!

Home Forums BullPups FX It was a good day!

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Bob Gularte
    Participant

Decided to follow Bob O’s direction to get a harmonic tune on my Impact MkII.22 600mm. Followed the instructions laid out in his YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biIg0iiZjFU&t=369s

Started with a velocity tune at 850 ft/sec with Nielsen 31.2gr. Made small adjustments until 1 hole group at 30 yds on the splatter target.

Took it immediately out to 100 yds. Shot 7 groups (zeroing as I went along). Made very small adjustments to the valve. All respectable groups. 4 of 7 under 1 MOA. 1 group at .17″!

I’m happy!

anthony266
    Keymaster

Great shooting Bob so you can say you see a definitive improvement with the harmonic tuning?

Bob Gularte
    Participant

Definitely better groups than I’d had before. One thing I changed when tried this process is I moved the FX Chrony off of the barrel and attached it to the extended Saber Tactical Pic Rail. I don’t think it’s a good idea to have even the slight weight of the Chrony on the barrel- unless you intend to leave it there when you take it hunting. Seriously, having the extra weight out there at the end of the barrel has to have an effect on the harmonic of the rig IMO.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.