Is this a good group?

Home Forums AirForce General Chat Is this a good group?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    dougroundup
    Participant

I have been trying to post pics . hopefully this is working.
    I dont know if this is average to expect or is exceptional or just so-so?
    I have been shooting my Condor in stock form with .177 barrel 3000psi fill with crossman premier hollowpoin pellets of unknown weight.
    My target is at the furthest distance at the end of my back lot. I have measured the distance in a straight line to my shooting position located in my house off the dining room table and have sighted in and zero’d my scope at this distance which is 212′-4″ or nearly 65yrds.
    My first shot may have been a bit of a flyer as I believe it clipped my LDC and looks to have keyholed the target just a bit. The next two shots were sighters as I adjusted the scope on both shots the remaining 7 shots making a big punchout in the center about size of dime.
    I dont know, but this seems very very exceptional for a .177 to shoot so well! I dont know how it does this well, I certainly am not doing anything special, just shooting from the bipod and a pillow off of the living room couch placed under the buttstock half hanging off the dining table. (what can I say,,, the ol’lady is away and the boy will play) In my opinion this is outshooting many of my previous centerfires if you were to scale the distance in comparison.. . This is a .177 at almost 65 yrds and not with much effort from me.
    Is this to usually be expected and no big deal or is this exceptional? My whole intention was to buy this gun as a platform to build .257 I just wonder if I should keep it as is and find another to build my .257?

hoot
    Participant

It’s a good group, it’s not a great group.

Personally, I’ve shot much smaller groups at 25 yards with a .25 caliber, and a bench rest…but that’s not the point.

The point being…it is what it is! However, what it isn’t, is more important than what it is.

I hope this advice has been helpful in some small manner.

Hoot:

dougroundup
    Participant

Hoot,
    You’re a real hoot alright and a wise ol’ owl…
    Good points… it is what it is, not what it isn’t. It even ain’t and it shouldn’t!
    I am such a newb! Haven’t shot these pneumatics before, and my springers from 10 or 15 yrs ago never performed this good in .177 (54 Diana) Just a bit excited as I never expected to experience much performance at any decent distance from the lowly .177 pellet and I certainly hadn’t expected it to come this easy. I ran out of range here, but was able to try out farther at a nearby dairy and the performance dropped off pretty quickly as I got much further beyond, this distance. At 100 yrds it opened up pretty wide with several flyers each time I would try.
    It however was less moving air in the morning at my house compared to the afternoon in the open field with intermittent gusts of air. I think a heavier .25 could of done it in the field. I gotta a Maurder in .25 coming someday in the future. Its been paid signed sealed and just waiting for delivery , since last thanksgiving! (Maybe somebody will see this and get the wood chips flying!) So I shall proceed with the Condor in .257 plans! TJ barrel confirmation on next group order!

dougroundup
    Participant

Would ya believe I shot this upside down¿ :whistle: Didnt think so… dont know how that pic got rotated. I cant get it to rotate back! 🙄 Doh!

pandemic
    Participant

i fixed your pic :8:

dougroundup
    Participant

Thanks Pandemic for all the work you put into these Forums!

knifemaker
    Participant

Don’t let Hoot mess with ya too much! With .177 crossman HP’s, this is Very very good! 😯 😉

Knife

pandemic
    Participant

I need air and all the scuba store by me are closed today this sucks

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

knifemaker
    Participant

I am so thankful to have the ShoeBox. Old Goat did me a solid on that one!

Knife

pandemic
    Participant

Lucky bastard

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

knifemaker
    Participant

😆 😳

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.