Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

Is it that bad?

Home Forums BullPups Bulldog .357 Is it that bad?

This topic contains 17 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  tkerrigan 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

roachcreek

No posts for three months?

Is it a non electronic Rogue that has a unrepairable leak?

tkerrigan
    Participant

I’ve got one Charlie, it’s not that bad. Just needs longer bullets for the 14″ twist. Regards, Tom

roachcreek

Tom,

Thanks for the reply.

I had heard that they have a leaking problem at the bleed screw? If so do we know if Crosman has a fix.

I suspect mistrust with Crosman over the Rogue fiasco may have something to do with the fact no one posts anything about them. A rifle with these ballistics and a repeater to boot would be fun for us Bullpup challenged guys.

tkerrigan
    Participant

Mine’s never leaked a pound, the hammer spring is very easy to get at, and the ports look small and there should be power available by opening them up. I think it’s pretty clever the way they are put together. No gaskets for the transfer port, just a very close fit with barrel set screw locating and and tightening the port. https://imageshack.com/i/pm1uPie1j Pay little attention to the writing, that was for a failed barrel replacement project. I do have a 158gr .358 mold so will try to see if I can single load them. Should match the 14″ twist better than what I’ve been using so far. Regards, Tom

roachcreek

Well Tom I bought one today.

tkerrigan
    Participant

Are you back in the same location south of me? I can send you a file with an exploded drawing if you don’t have one already. Or anybody else that wants one. It’s quite a lot better quality of drawing then Crosman-Benjamin usually puts out. Regards, Tom

roachcreek

Tom,

I moved after I got back fro asia. I am living in Prineville to the eaastof you now .

I would love the file on the Buldog.

tkerrigan
    Participant

OK, through the Bulldog, today I shot 1 161.3gr RN .713 long at 826fps for 244fpe, 4 185gr spitzer .915 long at 711fps for 208fpe and a 5/8″ group at 50 yards, that is excellent because I am a bit wobbly, 5 231.5gr spitzer HP’s 1.075 long at 652fps for 219fpe and a 1.5″ group. I have the mold for the first bullet so I will get a group later. The gun has been ported to .275″, hammer spring tightened, bore polished and lead in polished. It was doing about 160fpe before on pellets. Regards, Tom

roachcreek

Tom,

I get mine on Monday, I am still trying to decide if I want to go back to casting, or more honestly, if I want to teach my wife to cast for it :biggrinn:

I see on the diagram you sent me there is a transfer sleeve, I suspect that is what you opened up along with the barrel port?

tkerrigan
    Participant

Just remove the barrel and the air tube, shake out the poppet, then you drill down through the rear barrel set screw hole for the transfer port and then do the barrel, I looked through the air tube hole to see when the bit broke through. Might be able to pick up some more power by not using the poppet spring, all the air has to go through the tapered spring. Regards, Tom

reaper0d

there was a guy that had a bulldog here in veneta/eugene area.

said his leaked, wasnt bad but hed loose about 600psi in 7 days but it didnt make it un shootable. on a fill

good to see other oregonians on here

roachcreek

I have to say I really like the Bulldog.
    I had ne leak after removing the fill nipple while porting the barrel and reciver. I had removed it to aid in leveling the receiver on my drill pres.

A short walk to the True value and I had a new oring, has not leaked since.

Kudo’s to Tom for the instructions on how to get more power from it.

I have gotten into the pressure tube twice now, once for the porting and once to do the vynal tube depinger, it sealed up fine the first time on each attempt

The bleed screw is where most of the leaks that have been reported on new Bulldogs, but mine sure seals up nice at that bled screw.

The magazine is simply the best I have seen on a air gun so far.

Having to shoot wrong handed these days, I have found the bullpup design to be easier that a full length rifle to shot.

leadbetter

Anybody know nominal bore diameter on these?
    Any molds that you guys would recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ajshoots

Mine slugs at .357″. I know of one other person that stated theirs was .356″. The gun is marketed as .357″ so depending on Crosman’s exceptable tolerances, they should all be damn close to .357″.

tkerrigan
    Participant

I measured the ID of the lands on 6 different .357’s today and the Bulldog was .351″ , pretty accurate as I used precision pins. The other sizes were as follows. Ultra .353″, Slayer .353″, TJ .349″, Ace Titan .354″, Hatsan .352″. Regards, Tom

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar