Q:

Is it possible to convert Gen 1 Vulcan bullpup to Tactic Carbine with wood stock

I have the first generation Vulcan bullpup and I’m thinking about buying a wood Tactic carbine wood stock so I can convert my rifle to the carbine. I have never been really crazy about the bullpup design although I do love the Vulcan in general. My beard gets caught in the mag well sometimes, and it is irritating.
Does anybody have a stock they would like to sell or trade? Has anybody done this conversion?
Thanks, Mike

Airgun Technology

All Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Mike, it may take Evgeny a couple of days to get back to you, but he will.

Zonk

I think first thing I’d do is contact Evgeny @ AGT and ask if the Gen 1 Vulcan will fit in a carbine stock before I’d go out and buy one.

Zonk

Yes, that is the best place to start I suppose. I just thought maybe somebody here has made this swap.
The top cover sheet metal piece may be a slight problem to shorten, but maybe I can machine it to fit?
The trigger linkage is actually a model airplane control link, and easy to buy, and with the correct size die the threads can be cut to any length. I think it is 4/40 or 3/56 thread.

It sounds like you know what you are doing so probably you can do it, yes the cocking linkage will be shorter too, the extruded aluminium thing you can’t just shorten it as it will miss the bits with the holes, what connects to the rear action.
The trigger linkage is just a shitty bicycle wheel spoke no biggie. The stock itself can be an issue lol if you can’t have it

I don’t think there is that much difference between the 2 models performance wise or in handling so don’t wast your time

Hi, thanks! I was planning to ask Tony about this, and see if he has any stocks. They said they have wooden carbine stocks at Joe Brancato,($300.00) and they think it will work to convert. The person I talked to didn’t seem too well informed. I was just hoping to get some info from folks who know these guns really well.
Yep, definitely need to shorten the trigger linkage, bolt linkage, and top cover. I don’t think this is a big deal. Alternately, I had asked at Joe Brancatos about just ordering these parts for the carbine, but the person I talked to seemed pretty clueless about which parts will need to be changed and if they even can order them. They seemed busy, and not very helpful.

The conversion defo will need more parts swapped, not only the stock

I think first thing I’d do is contact Evgeny @ AGT and ask if the Gen 1 Vulcan will fit in a carbine stock before I’d go out and buy one.

Zonk

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.