Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

Impact x barrel in Cricket

Home Forums BullPups Kalibrgun Impact x barrel in Cricket

This topic contains 16 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  gku 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

skeetshot
    Participant

Been seeing this you tube video how the Impact X barrel threw no flyers at 50 meters with JSBs, and am wondering how difficult it would be to fit such a barrel into a Kalibrgun Cricket. ???

iride
    Participant

I would like to see some more post on here of some barrel tuners , I am far from a tuner,
    But I will say for now , DO NOT DRINK THE COOL AID, I would love to hear on some of the grate minds we have on here.
    Is the X barrel , THE BARREL, or just more bull shit from FX .
    I do know the smooth twist was a lot of Bull shit
    Please step in and agree, or correct me if I am wrong
    Mike

iride
    Participant

I would like to see some more post on here of some barrel tuners , I am far from a tuner,
    But I will say for now , DO NOT DRINK THE COOL AID, I would love to hear on some of the grate minds we have on here.
    Is the X barrel , THE BARREL, or just more bull shit from FX .
    I do know the smooth twist was a lot of Bull shit
    Please step in and agree, or correct me if I am wrong
    Mike

zonk
    Participant

I’ll take my Cricket barrel any day over a smooth twist barrel. My Cricket would out shoot my Bobcat any day of the week, hands down!!

gku

Even though FX populated the firing line Claudio Flores won the 2018 Extreme Benchrest competition using his Brocock Bantam 22 Sniper HP.
    But, not sure if it was LW swapped out and equip with a Smooth twist/X barrel or not … don’t think so ?

Finally FX is trying to getting their guns to shoot good so what’s next because they lost EBR, Z twist ……. or maybe good old time tested CZ next year ?
    Remember now the ST barrel was developed because of supply and demand/cost of the traditional barrels, and not the in accuracy of.
    They should concentrate on their shooting skills and not keep blaming the traditional barrel for its poor shot placement.

My Cricket 22 std shoots so well it’s boring, I rarely shot her …. … hum what flyers, maybe tomorrow.

~ Greg

larryw22
    Participant

The new Z Twist liners are manufactured from recycled sardine cans, which means you can utilize the remnant omega 3 as lube. If you are connected in the PCP world, you could be lucky enough to score the autographed liner. The key to all this accuracy is the secret DECODER ring!!

Regards
    LarryW Just Sayin

zonk
    Participant

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Greg, the only flyer I had with my Cricket was caused be me!!

gku
    quote Zonk:

Hey, I thought Zonk never missed ……….. must have been the wind ? :fishinghole:

– Greg

gku
    quote skeetshot:

Been seeing this you tube video how the Impact X barrel threw no flyers at 50 meters with JSBs, and am wondering how difficult it would be to fit such a barrel into a Kalibrgun Cricket. ???

This is getting confusing, but it is actually quite simple. Test the X barrel yourself and see if they are more accurate in YOUR gun….that is the ONLY criteria you should be concerned with; not weight, not size, not appearance, not price, and certainly not glowing reviews.

Can’t seem to figure out how to retrofit such a proprietary designed barrel onto a Cricket without the Cricket going south ?

I like the FX box, though …… …. :tag: .. and good luck with that . :biggrinn:

~ Greg

skeetshot
    Participant

. . . .

Can’t seem to figure out how to retrofit such a proprietary designed barrel onto a Cricket without the Cricket going south ?
    . . .
    ~ Greg[/quote]

Precisely

gku

Skeetshot,

I’d consider trying out a FX Warcat MKII from Utah Airguns if you can before considering to buy one if posible. It’s the only FX PB that sparks any intrest in me so far the most simplest anyway.

Keeping the Cricket till you can confirm which is better for you.

Just my :2cents:

– Greg

skeetshot
    Participant
    quote GKU:

Skeetshot,

I’d consider trying out a FX Warcat MKII from Utah Airguns if you can before considering to buy one if posible. It’s the only FX PB that sparks any intrest in me so far the most simplest anyway.

Keeping the Cricket till you can confirm which is better for you.

Just my :2cents:

– Greg

Thanks Greg,

Just wanted to know if it is possible to pull out the existing and very good Cricket barrel and pop in the FX liner with some modifications.

gku

Without any modifications to your Cricket so it can be returned to OEM:
    If you know the specs for the FX liner system and it less then the Cricket barrel spec below it maybe possible to make an end barrel adaptor and 2 sleeves for the frame. Depending on the length you want the FX barrel may need to be shorten on the non-chock/receiver end also.

Approximately 13.5mm OD on the barrel end that goes into the receiver.
    15mm Barrel OD for the Crickets frame.

Then there’s the question on how to mount a shroud/LCD.

Ernest and Machinist John H can enlighten your dreams Sir.

~ Greg

zonk
    Participant
    quote GKU:

quote Zonk:

Hey, I thought Zonk never missed ……….. must have been the wind ? :fishinghole:

– Greg

Oh I miss plenty, but when I’m target shooting my Cricket is dead on…………

skeetshot
    Participant
    quote GKU:

Without any modifications to your Cricket so it can be returned to OEM:
    If you know the specs for the FX liner system and it less then the Cricket barrel spec below it maybe possible to make an end barrel adaptor and 2 sleeves for the frame. Depending on the length you want the FX barrel may need to be shorten on the non-chock/receiver end also.

Approximately 13.5mm OD on the barrel end that goes into the receiver.
    15mm Barrel OD for the Crickets frame.

Then there’s the question on how to mount a shroud/LCD.

Ernest and Machinist John H can enlighten your dreams Sir.

~ Greg

Thank you Sir, I may just procure a liner and try something :winkn:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar