Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

I’m Under-whelmed….

Home Forums AirForce Escape/ Escape SS/ Escape UL I’m Under-whelmed….

This topic contains 23 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  hoot 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

powderburner
    Participant

Hey ,
    its all good, when i don’t want to tune any more i will break down and get a regulator for my condor, but for now i like being able to turn it up and shoot 32 grain pellets to an accuracy max of 930’s , and a hunting accuracy max of right at 1000 fps,

then turn it down to 550 fps with 14 grain pellets and shoot indoor 10 m silhouette

Hey , you all buy those expensive rifles and shoot them, and post about it, i love reading about it.

back to loading , the little 380 is not wanting to print with the 100 grain round nose cast bullet i have a mold for, im sizeing to 357,just using the sizer i already have for 38 and 357 , bore is 355 , i would think that would work fine , may need to get a 356 sizer ,loading with WINN 231 to about 800 fps for paper loads

I know its a 30′ gun, but i want to be able to stack em at 30′ :biggrinn:

powderburner
    Participant

dhoffs

I agree .

Buuuuuut

you know i’m going to start saying fine tuned air force, instead of just air force

with a stock air force no comparison, absolutely end of story

but with a finely tuned air force condor you can match the accuracy of the cricket , for the short string , you can’t keep up , because of lack of regulator for continued consistency

those cricket are putting down some crazy 12 shot groups, very nice, and well built gun apparently
    the air force has to be tuned to meet this accuracy,(and only for a short string without a regulator)and well broken in for peak performance.

Hows that guys
    and i have said this many times , telling it like it is, have had lengthy conversations in private with guys trying to make up their minds on a gun, if you don’t want to spend the time tuning , you better spend allot more money or get a regulator.

i was all over getting a regulator for a bit, but i have learned to tune my rifle , so haven’t had any set backs, for a while , when it starts acting up i pretty much know what to change and away i go.

dhoffs
    quote powderburner:

dhoffs

I agree .

Buuuuuut

you know i’m going to start saying fine tuned air force, instead of just air force

with a stock air force no comparison, absolutely end of story

but with a finely tuned air force condor you can match the accuracy of the cricket , for the short string , you can’t keep up , because of lack of regulator for continued consistency

those cricket are putting down some crazy 12 shot groups, very nice, and well built gun apparently
    the air force has to be tuned to meet this accuracy,(and only for a short string without a regulator)and well broken in for peak performance.

Hows that guys
    and i have said this many times , telling it like it is, have had lengthy conversations in private with guys trying to make up their minds on a gun, if you don’t want to spend the time tuning , you better spend allot more money or get a regulator.

i was all over getting a regulator for a bit, but i have learned to tune my rifle , so haven’t had any set backs, for a while , when it starts acting up i pretty much know what to change and away i go.

Agreed.. Like I stated, I am far from an expert on this stuff and I have no experience with a tuned AF and do not doubt that they match up well with the higher end PCPs like the Cricket.. Was just trying to give a general opinion on the AF – Cricket comparison.

As I am currently using my AFs.. the $900 cost difference / weight difference between the 2, makes the AF stand out above the Cricket for my uses. If I was sitting on a bench, didnt want to tune (something I personally like to deal with) and strictly was looking for Accuracy and efficiency, Cricket would be the one for me.

No pro, just love PCPing 😉

ssshooter

I think the Talon SS is great. You can add baffles, top hat o-ring for better air consumption, and it’s large tank allowed high power or tons of low power shots depending on pressure.

I agree with hoot that they need to step up their game. Maybe a Airforce custom shop that charges a premium for options and tuning.

powderburner
    Participant

Banner at top of page

dont know about arm and a leg , but his work is great , by reading feed back

dhoffs
    quote ssshooter:

I think the Talon SS is great. You can add baffles, top hat o-ring for better air consumption, and it’s large tank allowed high power or tons of low power shots depending on pressure.

I agree with hoot that they need to step up their game. Maybe a Airforce custom shop that charges a premium for options and tuning.

And on the escape SS.. AF confirmed, there is no problem with using the optional standard hi flow tank if you want higher shot count.

airgunnoob

That’s great to know! Thanks!

benneeb0y

Hoot you been around long enough. You act like this is new news =)

hoot
    Participant
    quote benneeb0y:

Hoot you been around long enough. You act like this is new news =)

Bennee is a weenie!!!

There! That should shut you up. Nanner nanner nanner…..

Hoot:

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar