I can die a happy man….

Home Forums AirForce General Chat I can die a happy man….

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    rob3dr
    Participant

For those that do not know, I have drooled over a certain butt plate for the last few years. Every now and then, something comes along that really catches one’s eye. For me, it was Adams Talon. With the 1911 grip frame and fancy butt plate, I thought that rig was THE cats ass. After getting some nice grips and forearms from Fabian and Bodisdad, I was almost there, but the Morgan buttpad on my Condor just didnt give the look I wanted.

After years of comments by me, Adam said he would make me a buttpad… of course, I was stoked. I’d given away my factory buttplates so I had to beg one off the members here. Enter Akula, who graciously offered me a spare he had. Both the factory plate from Akula and the fancy plate from Walkon came this weekend and I got it together. I am just so stoked 8) I think this rig is worth of ‘cats ass’ status now. I’ve got parts on this gun from at least 5 different forum members. The .25 barrel that Tony sent was just too pretty to shroud so I removed the shroud on it and it’s loud and proud now…and grouping pretty well.

To all who have helped me get this girl to where she is today, thank you so much.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Looks good man. Appears to shoot as good as it looks. I want one of Adams butt plates as well…

walkonking
    Participant

So Rob,

was cutting the tank cover a pain in the Ass?

Looks good and it is solid isn’t it?

akula
    Participant

Rob; Glad to be a minor player in the project. It looks GREAT! AKULA

rob3dr
    Participant

It really wasnt bad to cut the cover on the tank. Installation was easy, I think. I did cut the cover all the way around and that made it easier.

Solid? ROCK solid. This thing is not moving.

As you’d mentioned before, the plastic piece in the butt where the factory plate attaches can crack. Mine was broken in two pieces when I got it out.

bodhisdad
    Participant

Rob, did you have a Morgan on there before? The new one definately gives the condor a new look. Good looking rig. Glad Adam found the time to get some of these made.

rob3dr
    Participant

Bodis…. yes, I had a Morgan on there. Had stolen the Morgan from my HW77 so now it can go back on there. I do like the new look on the Condor, but now Adam is tempting me with the new design and I’m thinking ‘hey, I do have a Talon that will look good on…’

bodhisdad
    Participant

Adam’s got you now 😆 . Can’t blame you, his work is sweet.

I wish i’d had cut that foregrip front on a angle looking at it now. Such is my work after not seeing it for awhile, i tend to look at the flaws, i would have stippled it a little more up front along the side as well.

Have you chronied the rig since you dropped in the .25?? I like that toprail you have on her, is that a weaver? Looks cool cantilevered like that.

saugus18
    Participant

Wow… the whole gun looks completely bad ass.. congrats, and great work from the other members here who contributed.

rob3dr
    Participant

Yes, Adam has me by the short hairs… he keeps making cool stuff and I cannot resist…haha

grips/forearm looks great as is… I wouldnt change a thing!

I’m getting around 40 shots on a fill now at around 940fps or so out of 31gr Kodiaks… power not turned up all the way, but I like the shot count. The rail was ‘won’ by me from Robert from the TOG. Dont know how many remember his competitions that he had when he first came on board, but anyway, thats how I got it. Wish I could find another just like it.

mikemv
    Participant

Rob is it some sort of weaver rail or adjustable??

rob3dr
    Participant

Just a dovetail to weaver adapter. Not adjustable or anything….

mikemv
    Participant

Ok, good to know. Was a while ago you posted an adjustable dove tail to weaver so thought it may be like that.
    Thanks

rob3dr
    Participant

Ah… that ones on the Talon 8)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.