Q:

How to reinstall cricket reg without messing up oring

Hey just looking for advice on how to install the reg back into the air tube without messing up the orings.

it seems to go in really hard and i already slice the orings once… it leaks down slowly…..

Kalibrgun

All Replies

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Once again ; Loctite is your friend … :whistle:

Yeh i didn’t like that seemed like yah had to really crank on it to stop it from bleeding. I would of thought they might use one of them nylon tipped grub screws there instead.

The way to fix the bleeder leak is to remove screw and ball bearing. Then take a small punch the size of the set screw and fond some soft plastic. Take lay the plastic piece on a wooden cutting board or any soft wood like 2×4 and punch out a small seal with punch. Then trim it to fit hole and insert the plastic piece first then ball bearing. That way you don’t have to tighten the screw like crazy to stop the leaks. :biggrinn:

now i lost that dam ball bearing. …… wonder why they don’t just use a grub screw with a delrin tip???? now what do i do.

Ignore my last post, you already got it out.

dman, go to Lowes or Home Depot and get this: http://www.ebay.com/bhp/grabit-extractor, it works like magic seriously. I had to use it on the Matador when I stripped out the screw. They sell single bits, just get the smallest one. You don’t need a pack of four. Or do you :biggrinn:

now i done fuxed it all up…..

good news i got it out had to drill it and use a modified easy out. came right out. didt even drill all the way through.

the bad… i dropped that stupid little ball bearing. GRRRRRRHHH I hate FUXING my air gun. I should of left it be from the beginning . that little bugger is long gone. I tried to let it out on my bench but it bounced off Fuck me !!!!

Can you fit a small Torx in it ? If the tube is empty then you can use a Heat Gun prior turning it. Once it´s out buy a new one and use Loctite on it (the Blue one) since that doubles as a sealant. You probably didn´t have the correct 2mm Hex key on hand from the beginning, right ? There´s nothing wrong with the screw but if you use a worn out / not correctly fitting key on that small screw you´ll probably end up with a chewn one. :sadn:

Didn´t Donny just saw this coming ?? 😯

Well found my leak and its not the reg seals… that dam bleed screw…. Cheep ass hardware i tell yah…. now i gotta figure out how to get it out.

i couldn’t tight it anymore cause i didn’t want to round it out. so i tried to loosen it. well now I’m fucked. its not completely stripped but i can’t find anything to fit it tight. i ended up shooting down the gun then i removed the air tube and depressed the valve against a block now I’m not sure how to get the dam thing out so i can get a new screw.

Any ideas

I just grease them o-rings and push the Reg with the spacer behind it in the Airtube. It goes in nicely until the second o-ring comes in contact with those threads. I stop there and just “wiggle” it a bit and then i screw the valve on and let it push the whole caboodle in front of it into its place. Not messed up one o-ring yet by doing so. :geekn:

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.