How to fix Airforce hand pump.

Home Forums AirForce Talon/Talon SS How to fix Airforce hand pump.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    bikincrazy52
    Participant

How can I let a little air out of my tank? Later on I will tell you how to fix an airforce pump.

teflontron
    Participant

Put a small nut in the fill adapter and screw the tank into it slowly. The air should start to hiss and come out. Just be patient and take it slowly.

Before you do that though, take a few shots over a chrony and report back on the numbers. 🙂

bikincrazy52
    Participant

It is currently raining here in Califonia, and we actually had a small tornado! but anyways, I can’t get crony numbers until it stops raining, and I don’t really want to leave it with that much pressure for too long. Thanks for the advice.

savagesam
    Participant

I don’t know this to be a fact but was told when they do a hydro test they pressurize to like 4 or 5K???? I’d just shoot it down.

savagesam
    Participant
    savagesam
    Participant
    bikincrazy52
    Participant

Well, i have now got a problem with the pump.

It starts off pumping fine for about 5 strokes, then it takes a tremendous amount of pressure to PULL it UP. Yes UP. It gets harder and harder until i cannot pull it up anymore, and it won’t fill past 100 psi. Could someone PLEASE tell me what is going on, i cannot shoot my gun until i figure out the problem. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

cronicash
    Participant

What sort of pump is it?

shrpshotr28
    Participant

My AF pump does that once in a while. I remove the handle, clean the area immediately under the handle (This is where the air intake valve is) and put a couple drops of paintball/silicone oring oil in the intake port. Reattach the handle and in a few pumps everything works better. DO NOT OVEROIL. Sounds like inlet valve is sticking, creating a vacuum within the pump.

bikincrazy52
    Participant
    quote cronicash:

What sort of pump is it?

A crap airforce pump. Well, at least it has acted like crap since i got it.

bikincrazy52
    Participant
    quote shrpshotr28:

My AF pump does that once in a while. I remove the handle, clean the area immediately under the handle (This is where the air intake valve is) and put a couple drops of paintball/silicone oring oil in the intake port. Reattach the handle and in a few pumps everything works better. DO NOT OVEROIL. Sounds like inlet valve is sticking, creating a vacuum within the pump.

That did not work. Any more suggestions?

cronicash
    Participant

lol if that didnt work then it sounds like a check valve has either fowled or slipped and o-ring. Hope the valve itself hasn’t broken.

Being a three stage pump means its will have another intake check valve (one-way valve) at the foot of the pump, ( sucks air in, when you pull up and fills the next stage from the first stage). Sounds like that valve isn’t opening. I would sent it back if under warranty.

shrpshotr28
    Participant

I agree with Chronic, must send for repair, sounds like second stage valve.

bikincrazy52
    Participant

It has been taken apart, so I am not sure if the warranty is still valid. I will call them tomorrow. I think it has something to do with those two O-rings not sliding up and down as they are suppose to, and they are also moved down out of their original spot so I could get a clear picture of the two holes where the air goes into. I did not change anything, I just took it apart to see if I could spot the problem. Which part is the second stage? My dad was there helping me, and he is the one that knows about this stuff, I have no clue. 😆

bikincrazy52
    Participant

OK. I got the son of a bitch working!! I will post a very detailed explanation as to what went wrong, with lots of pictures. Basically the innermost O-ring in the pump was shot, but thankfully, the brass thing at the end did not break off! I am going to need to take it apart again because I just ordered a set of O-rings(300), so I can get the exact right size in there. At the moment I have a random O-ring that is actually a few hundredths of an inch to small. here is one pic I took, you can clearly see the O-ring is dead.

If you have experienced this same problem, hit me up with a PM. I will talk you through how to fix it and send you an O-ring, that is if you don’t have the tools to measure it accurately yourself.

Derek

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.