Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

How to decock the Condor SS—-

Home Forums AirForce Condor/Condor SS How to decock the Condor SS—-

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    wll2506
    Participant
    quote wll2506:

I did not drift out the de-cock unit like I said I would as I want to watch someone do it, How hard do you have to push on the hammer to dislodge the de-cock arm ? is there any other thing attached to that pin, that if it falls out will be a pain to put back in ?

I really don’t want to have parts all over the place as I can’t find a parts manual anywhere. But, it is something that needs to be done

As a Side Bar !

I load the gun without cocking it, and that way I have a pellet that is ready to go once cocked, of course you still can’t unlock the gun, but it is faster than cocking, and loading for that all important first shot.

wll2506

Well I was Wrong as Hell in that May 27 post !!!

I took off the tank, put the PW on O, cocked the gun, took off the cocking arm and took the breech out. Then I tapped out the pin from the right side and the de-cocking arm came right out ! Put her back together (pin from the left side) and she was good as new.

Having the de-cock feature is a huge deal, and I really did miss it. There are times I do not cock my other Condors because I know that if something did not show up I would have to shoot it out and I do not want to do that, those days will be over for all my Airforce guns. The safety is now manual so when you cock it you must be aware of that.

I did this today with my Condor 257, my .25 Condor Field Hunter will be the next gun followed my the others.

wll2506

calinb
    Participant

I finally got around to “de-lawyering” my TalonP and I knocked out the auto safety toggle too. Love it! Thanks randy_68 and all other contributors here. Now my TalonP works like my other guns and I believe it to be an operationally safer gun without the auto-safety feature, given the new ability to simply de-cock rather than accepting discharge as the only means to to de-cock the gun.

wll2506
    Participant
    quote calinb:

I finally got around to “de-lawyering” my TalonP and I knocked out the auto safety toggle too. Love it! Thanks randy_68 and all other contributors here. Now my TalonP works like my other guns and I believe it to be an operationally safer gun without the auto-safety feature, given the new ability to simply de-cock rather than accepting discharge as the only means to to de-cock the gun.

It sure is nice… my other guns will have it done before they go out next time in the field. Going hunting, seeing your quarry and the they disappear before you can shoot, and then you are stuck with a cocked gun ! Not any more !

wll2506

wll2506
    Participant
    quote wll2506:

quote calinb:

It sure is nice… my other guns will have it done before they go out next time in the field. Going hunting, seeing your quarry and the they disappear before you can shoot, and then you are stuck with a cocked gun ! Not any more !

wll2506

On a major side note:

I have used this de cocking feature over and over since I did it, I can work on my gun and I don’t have to fire it….I can say I don’t know how I functioned before without doing this !!!!!

wll2506

Continued 8-31-16

All my Condors now have the un-cocking unit removed … I’m all smiles ;- 0

bobbrown502000
    Participant

Just got my Condor last month 12/17 and problems right out of the box. Bolt locking half way up and the safety getting stuck on. Thanks for the pictures, made things real simple to do. Oiled everything the best I could up in the trigger mechanism and bolt. Trigger and bolt are much smoother and easier now. Going to be modifying stuff anyway so the heck with the factory warranty.\

Thank You

pb0201
    Participant

Randy I bookmarkd this post so I could find it again,BUT the darn picture are not there now?is there a way I can find and keep the instructions somewhere?i like pictures :biggrinn:very helpful thank you for posting!! Ah! Disregard I found pics on the second page!

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar