Skip to toolbar

How quiet can a condor be without a shroud?

Home Forums AirForce Condor/Condor SS How quiet can a condor be without a shroud?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    RonS
    Participant

Hi Everyone
    I’ve been wanting to get into the PCP game for pest control, hunting and general plinking. I live in Canada and buying a shroud/suppressor is illegal. Oddly enough a few marauders were allowed in the country and still exist (although expensive, $700 cad, the condor is $950).
    Anyways, I THINK i want the condor for a few reasons: Simple design, compact size, mod-ability.
    I realize that the condor is a loud rifle, which makes sense as it is quite powerful. I guess my question for today is:

How quiet can this thing be, if the power is dropped down, can it still be accurate at say 20-50yds?
    If I’m going hunting, I wouldn’t be concerned about noise too much, so would run at higher power , but for pest control or just shooting in the yard (legal), can this be made…quieter? (without a shroud)?

anthony266
    Keymaster

The Condor like any PCP with an exposed barrel is LOUD..
    Can you use a rifle with just a chamber and end cap?
    No baffles?
    Tony

RonS
    Participant

Hi Tony
    Thanks for your response.

I don’t think I am able to do that, I was considering on just getting the normal condor and then purchasing one of those frame extender tubes and adding an end cap, but apparently that is a prohibited device. So without even getting into the grey, I was curious about how much a condor can be “tune down” to make for a quieter experience.

Oddly enough, there are a few marauders left for sale in Canada, but apparently their shroud has been “disabled” enough by removing the baffles and that is OK legally. If i really wanted to test that theory, i would love a condor SS but nobody is even importing those, even without baffles.

anthony266
    Keymaster

The only thing you can do is restrict the flow of air to its minimum for your application..
    If it is a new condor it should have the ring lock kit..

Still going to be loud Good luck

RonS
    Participant

Hi Tony
    IF i tried something like a 12″ barrel in .22, would the vented barrel bushing help here? With an end cap from a talon SS

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by RonS.
    anthony266
    Keymaster

Yes it would absolutely help..
    I also vent the frame underneath the fore grip to use with a vented bushing to exhaust all reflected air..
    Every little bit helps..

RonS
    Participant

Thanks for the pic tony, whats the best way to reach you, email? I dont see a PM function on this site

Robert Hales
    Participant

I love the venting on the under side of the shroud! Fabulous idea. There is no one better with Airforce Airguns than Tony!! To me Tony is to Airforce what Ernest is to FX. 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.