Q:

Honest Product reviews on Pyramydair?

I’m post this out of curiosity on how many of you have posted a positive or negative product review on an item that you bought from Pyramydair and it was not used for whatever reason.

I recently bought this pellet holder: http://www.pyramydair.com/cgi-bin/accessory.pl?accessory_id=847 at the time I wrote the review there were two other reviews on the Holder, one positive and one negative. The negative reviewer noted the same problem that I noticed. The holes are too large and the foam too thin to hold longer, heaver pellets (Kodiak, Predator, Eun jin) The massive recoil experienced by Airforce rifles was enough to shock the pellets out of the holder. On top of that, the one I bought started separating (foam from base) about 3 weeks after I purchased it and just kept falling apart. After two months I through the POS away. Waste of $10.50

I wrote the review and didn’t hear anything on it after 48 hours. I checked the website and all the product reviews have been deleted for this item, leaving only positive reviews for Phillips product line. On top of that Pyramyd won’t honor discounts for that holder because it meant to work with Airforce guns but the other holders can be discounted. Hypocrites

General Chat

All Replies

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

I posted a review of the Leapers laser I bought, I think its the model LS168. I don’t think the proof-read at all.

I said it included an “n” type battery, but it uses C123 batteries. I’ve asked them to change it for 2 weeks now, but they seem to not care about the error.

I guess they don’t mind misleading potential customers.

Mine works just fine. But after seeing several post stating that the pellets like to fall out, I called Sharron and we decided to try one in .177 for my .22. Just to see what would happen. Well it works much better. But still too loose for my taste. So here is what i did. I used a leather punch, the hollow kind, and make smaller holes yet. It WORKS!!!! Yea! You can pick them up at Harbor freight for just a few bucks. Its labeled as a hole punch. It is a threaded handle with changeable hole cutters. About 4.00 us!

Mike

I gave a not so great review of a scope level I bough there…

It is still posted… 😯

Deleting unfavorable reviews should be against the law, just ask the TOG!! 😆

BTW the pellet holder I got from there kicks ass!!! It’s .177 cal so… But I like mine even though I have no place to put it anymore… 😥 None of the problems that are stated here, but it’s .177 cal… 🙄

You have one made with thicker foam. The one I had the skirts of CPs stood out above the foam.

I’ve got one and it works great for .22 cal. Even Eun Jin barely protrude. The .25, 42 grainers are too long and fall out of it.

That’s interesting. Just to see, I put in a negative review. I have one on my gun and I’m using it like wok, as a cheekrest.

I guess we’ll see how it goes. 😀

quote targeteer07:

In the pellets next to the holder, aren’t there a few Eun jins? Seems like they could make a note that the longer ones won’t fit.

They’ll fit, they just fall out when you fire the gun. I’m using .22 there’s no way .25 will work well at all

quote Langnasen:

There don’t appear to be any reviews for it at all. If they have deleted negative reviews they’re out of line

That’s my point. If they had used my review there would be 2 negative and 1 positive for that holder. They deleted all reviews with 48 hours after I submitted mine.

In the pellets next to the holder, aren’t there a few Eun jins? Seems like they could make a note that the longer ones won’t fit.

It sucks as a pellet holder. The foam is to thin as you said.

I use mine as a cheek piece and it work pretty good.

The one in their picture has out-of-line holes, and some of the holes themselves look roughly punched. I would have declined it on those grounds alone. Shoddy.

There don’t appear to be any reviews for it at all. If they have deleted negative reviews they’re out of line.

There are some posts around describing how to make a DIY jobbie, using pipe-lag called ‘Armorflex’ or something. I keep meaning to pick some up, but everytime I’ve been in the right shop I forget. I did manage to remember once in the local HW shop around the corner but he didn’t stock it.

Ho hum.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.