Skip to toolbar

Hey ROB Guess what these are!

Home Forums AirForce General Chat Hey ROB Guess what these are!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    walkonking
    Participant

rob3dr
    Participant

❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗

You have to know I’ve been dying to inquire but didnt want to pester!!!

WOO-FREAKIN-HOO!!!!

Cant wait!

bodhisdad
    Participant

I’m not Rob but are you going to do some grips? If so would you include pics of the process?

Its my understanding you have done some pistons for crosmans 13xx series? If you still do these i’d be interested in one. Also need a real brech in .22. Noticed you post over at the crosman forum. I have a new 1377 and a old 2289 which i will make a mutt .22 😆 If you have some crosman parts lying around which you don’t use that could be adapeted to my configuration let me know. Plan to make a stock, some grip sets when i get caught up on everything else. So many projects so little time in the day. .Will help when the little one gets a bit older. I look forward to seeing what you have going on.

walkonking
    Participant

This might be more recognizable now for some

y
    Participant

Buttpad…. “yawn” 😆

walkonking
    Participant
    quote Y:

Buttpad…. “yawn” 😆

Yellow in case you have not seen it before

😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

teflontron
    Participant

I’m really excited that WOK is making me one of these for free.

Can’t wait.

😛

walkonking
    Participant

Got a little more done. Rob are you sure you want one?

rob3dr
    Participant

Am I sure???? Does a bear shit in the woods? Does Rosie O’donnell much carpet? Does… you get the picture!

YES!

rob3dr
    Participant

…and it’s really taking shape now! Looks awesome!

knifemaker
    Participant

sweet!!!

j3magnum
    Participant

Hey WOK,,,any chance I might be able to beg or plead myself into getting one of those…..By the wayBod if WOK does’nt have time to make you a flat top piston let me know….I’m itchin to spin the new lathe,,,,

walkonking
    Participant
    quote j3magnum:

Hey WOK,,,any chance I might be able to beg or plead myself into getting one of those…..By the wayBod if WOK does’nt have time to make you a flat top piston let me know….I’m itchin to spin the new lathe,,,,

I am not making pistons anymore. I made about 75+ and that is enough. As for the butt piece. It might be possible. Still trying to figure out the price point.

walkonking
    Participant

Here is a couple picts of some more progress. I know it does not look like much but making stuff on a manual mill takes many steps and set ups to get what you want. There is a lot of measuring, cutting, marking the piece, clamping, finding the edge and the center, drilling, milling, finishing cuts, deburring, tapping, cutting angles blah blah blah….LOL

Why do I let people talk me into doing this stuff 😆

This is a front view showing how the 3 pieces are fitted together.

In this shot you can see the back piece has a couple of holes allowing it to be adjusted up or down.

The last piece fits into this groove. The butt piece will be attached to it and will adjust up or down. This shot show the slot and the 3 holes that are centered and counter sunk and then attached with a 10-32 SS bolt.

More work has to be done to get them finished. Right now they are sitting in a tumbler with media to smooth the edges a bit.

Later

rob3dr
    Participant
    quote WalkonKing:

Why do I let people talk me into doing this stuff 😆

Because some of us has been drooling over that buttpad now for years! 😆
    Really taking shape now! I really appreciate it!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.