Hey Adam check this out

Home Forums AirForce General Chat Hey Adam check this out

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    j3magnum
    Participant

Stumbled across this last night…got the photos today. Roy Kaston at Air art is making these now..Price is 45.00…Of course I want yours…Kinda that Brother hood of the talon thing ya know…..Kinda reminds me of something I’ve seen before 8)

walkonking
    Participant

Well I guess I come up with it and it is obviously good enough to copy…LOL

I wonder where he got that Idea from?….ME…perhaps. Oh well

Funny thing is it took me awhile to get the concept right and it came a lot easier for him….I wonder why?

justforfun
    Participant

Question is, who copied who? 🙁

walkonking
    Participant

That is not the question. I made mine a couple years ago as many will contest. It is well known and well documented as many here and on the Yellow Forum know. If the TOG was still up it showed my original version from about 3 years ago.

I am the originator but better men then me have had their ideas copied, so whatever.

If he needs to make a buck off my idea then I hope he uses the money to feed his family.

justforfun
    Participant

A link would be great, might solve this issue.

A patent would be better.

I would guess, this issue would never get a patent.

Something like the string trimmer, to simple to patent. 😀

Looks like a $3.00 production item, who could get rich making something like that? 😮

I assume we do this justforfun!!!!!!!!!!!!!

walkonking
    Participant

Really no issue and you cant get a patent on an item like this. It is a piece of metal clamped to a bottle. I just was the one who figured it out to use on an Airforce gun and how to implement it. For the longest time people on the forums were perplexed on how I got it on the bottle. It was not until recently did I reveal how it was done and viola……now everyone knows.

It actually is about $6 in material and a couple thousand in tooling and time….LOL

anthony266
    Keymaster

No question.

Adam has had that butt plate and those 1911 style grips on his rifle for years.

He was never shy about showing them off either…haha

Great job King.

j3magnum
    Participant

Looks to me like his mounting brackets are to wide..It will be hard to stabilize that if you go for the hidden look …. Oh well…I’ll have The WOKbutt on mine….Means more to me anyways….

j3magnum
    Participant

OOOOPS! I mean the WOKbutt II……….lol

walkonking
    Participant
    quote Anthony266:

No question.

Adam has had that butt plate and those 1911 style grips on his rifle for years.

He was never shy about showing them off either…haha

Great job King.

Damn Straight. Wouldn’t want someone to think the idea came from somebody else….LOL

walkonking
    Participant
    quote j3magnum:

Looks to me like his mounting brackets are to wide..It will be hard to stabilize that if you go for the hidden look …. Oh well…I’ll have The WOKbutt on mine….Means more to me anyways….

Right ON!

You should have seen the look on the guys face at Ace Hardware when I cleaned them out of stainless steel bolts and a few black ones…LOL. He said those have been here for the longest time and no one buys them and you buy them all…..I told him, order some more pronto….lol

riffraff
    Participant

I wonder what took so long.

Great ideas are always copied. Its not hard to tell which came first.

I too prefer the So-Cal version over this imposter.
    Diamond plate? Makes it look clunky. The bends? Too far apart and it uses the wrong color bolts. Ect… 😛

Probably calls it “Wankbutt”.

–stop me if I am going to far…

photo22
    Participant

It looks like it’s made out of diamond plate? 🙄

justforfun
    Participant

I thought everyone loved Diamond plate. If it looks good, why try to hide it?

Why not call it the walkonmybutt?

If it comes from the left coast, it can’t be good, I’ll be back!!!!!! 🙂

It appears I have nothing else to do, just waiting for my molds to cure. The molds for my fiberglass (patterned after the Condor) project.

OK, I’m out of here. 😀

shadoh
    Participant

The diamond plate looks tacky as hell. I think the Wokbutt has a much cleaner look to it as far as that goes.

WoK, it was fairly obvious that you used hose clamps even in your first photo’s. Well, maybe not to some I guess.

Yeah, it would be very hard to get a patent for this. There are so many other guns with similar adjustable buttplates.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.