Q:

Help with the search feature…

Hi all, I’m new to TAG, and this forums menu…
I put in a few things with not so good results..

First, I click on search…
Then put in where to buy a hammer that slides (rides) the barrel..
And I recieved nothing on the subject….

Now I’m NOOOOO computer expert…..
What would I need to change..???……..I will ask sometimes (like now hehe )
But prefer to find things myself when I can…

h e l p …
p l e a s e …

General Chat

All Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

quote rualert:

Thanks for the specifics Lurker, some of the searches use regular expression type, others more literal. Thanks again, this will also help myself and others.

By the way Welcome to the TAG Joekidd! ➡ :tag:

Casey

Thank you,
Happy to have found a new mad house to play and learn in….

Thanks for the specifics Lurker, some of the searches use regular expression type, others more literal. Thanks again, this will also help myself and others.

By the way Welcome to the TAG Joekidd! ➡ :tag:

Casey

Thanks Lurcher,
I’ll give it another try….
Joe~~~

The SEARCH instructions
“Search for Keywords:
You can use AND to define words which must be in the results, OR to define words which may be in the result and NOT to define words which should not be in the result. Use * as a wildcard for partial matches”
refer to using all lower case search words separated by a space and the special operations word like AND in all upper case.

More often I get to many matches and have to add additional search criteria to narrow the number of hits.

I probably wont be a high count poster, since I like reading on here more…
Trying to get my 15 no B.S. posts as stated in the forum rules sticky…as I would like to pass some things along in the classifieds and also purchase…hopefully some of it will either still be there, or similiars will become available…

Also, don’t forget to go through the Quick Reference section. I have found almost everything you could imagine there. Additionally, if your having issues, I believe this boards search is specific, like (barrel+riding+hammer) to get better results, you can also use “not” as a delimiter, or just use Google’s site:talonairgun.com what-ever-your-looking-for. That works pretty well too. But as previous, Talon Tunes, and Dyotat100 can both hook you up on a hammer. Also never hurts to check the for sale, and once you have enough posts, maybe a WTB ad.

Casey

Hi Joe! Click on the TalonTunes banner at the top. Check out Tony’s hammers. 😉

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.