Q:

help 9mm or 45

Looking to get either a 9mm or 45 cal. dose any one have a suggestion on brand of rifle. was looking at shin sung the career 707 in 9 mm looks OK, how do the in line clips work can they be trusted. ❓

Other Guns

All Replies

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

1 2

I got the superior UPS hook-up and will not risk flying with my airgun from here on out.
With the airguns and traveling my limited experience has been that it is all in finding the right person to talk to. That will vary from day to day at the airport.
The UPS in Oklahoma immediately tried to give me grief from the get go as neither of them knew anything about sending airguns so of course the response was “we can’t do it”.
My local UPS Store lady fore-saw such crap (as she owns her store and has been in the business for many years) and gave me her business card with specific instructions for the Oklahoma UPS on it to call her. She told me “give this to them when they say they can’t do it and have them call me”.
I love that woman!
I did just that and the Oklahoma UPS lady looked blankly at the card as she went off to the phone, looking like a newly programmed robot.
I am going to play it safe from here on out. There is a good article on flying with your airgun in the latest edition of that online airgun hunting mag.
Yea the guy I was with at the airport sent his bottle ahead of time and had no problems with his guns.
Hey Sluggo, want to hunt hogs in Oklahoma sometime in May? Need to know ASAP.

Sluggo.. I dont know what Butcher did, but on Airgun Advice one of the guys said he flew with his, and had no problems. I think he said he sent the airbottle ahead though.

Butcher

Did you ship your 909 to the hunt or fly with it?

There was a guy at the hunt that couldn’t get his .25 Sumatra Carbine to shoot good groups with anything he had tried. I had brought 2 tins of the 42 grain EJ’s for just such an occasion and gave them to him (DogBone). He then proceeded to shoot a ragged hole at 30 yards making it a completely different rifle accuracy wise with better power as well. He was looking at his rifle in a completely different way from there on out.

I’ve talked with him on the phone and he seems like a real stand up guy. I’m VERY happy with the 42g EJ .25’s. They work excellent in my Condor.

quote Nuglor:

Oh, I believe you… I just ordered my 909 from Raman aka Sluggo. He has several NIB with the improved valve and double airtubes. 😀

You are going to be very happy!! Sluggo is a good guy to do business with as I have found him to be very customer oriented.

Oh, I believe you… I just ordered my 909 from Raman aka Sluggo. He has several NIB with the improved valve and double airtubes. 😀

Caught the joke just didn’t know if you really hated the opposing team that much. You never know!
Seriously if you want to give him a call go ahead. I just got his permission to give out his number.
Ask him what he thinks a bullet with twice the power and bullet weight would have done and that would equate CygnusX’s Behemoth with a trigger!

P$P Custom Deer Processing
Alvin Pebworth
580-927-5154

quote BUTCHER45:

quote Nuglor:

I’d love to talk to that processor, but I just can’t bring myself to call mobilehoma…. Hook ’em Horns! 😈

Too Bad I got his number for anyone that wants to call. He gave me a couple business cards.

O.K., I guess you didn’t catch the joke there… Since OU beat UT last week. 😥

quote BUTCHER45:

Yellow Ninja this is for you. If you use the proper pellet the .45 909 is PLENTY enough for deer out past 50 yards.

Anyone that doubts the capability of a big-bore airgun to take down big game needs to give P&P processing in Oklahoma a call. Just ask him what he thought about the damage done to the ram I shot with my .45 airgun.

Thanks for the clarification Butcher… Rob had the good grace to correct my error.

Thanks for the real world results !

quote Yellow Ninja:

My apologies. Robs right – I got my .45 and .50 mixed up. The .45 is more powerful than the .50 as counter intuitive as that may seem.

I totally forgot about the single shot fire 9mm.

I’ve shot the .45 and the 9mm repeater, but not the slayer.

I saw your post over on AA and read cygnusx’s too. Sounds like a good time all round!

I shot a .45 that looks the same as the one your holding along with cygnusx at c4’s house and that thing was a monster…. got bored shooting paper so started cutting down the 2×4’s holding targets up with it instead. HUGE hole right through. I wont mention the accidental water shot or the richochet through the woods that just kept going on and on….

quote Nuglor:

I’d love to talk to that processor, but I just can’t bring myself to call mobilehoma…. Hook ’em Horns! 😈

Too Bad I got his number for anyone that wants to call. He gave me a couple business cards.

Get the 909.
I have had all of them and the 909 is the best.

here is a post from the yellow forum

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/thread/1191930566/BigBore+Fun

Your so Baaaaaad!

Nice kill. 😆

Yellow Ninja this is for you. If you use the proper pellet the .45 909 is PLENTY enough for deer out past 50 yards.

Anyone that doubts the capability of a big-bore airgun to take down big game needs to give P&P processing in Oklahoma a call. Just ask him what he thought about the damage done to the ram I shot with my .45 airgun.
When I arrived at the end of the weekend to pick up my ram meat he greeted me by saying “now what did you say you shot that ram with again?” I replied “a .45 caliber airgun”. He just could not fathom an airgun causing such destruction, saying that the ram appeared to have been shot with a 30-06 producing an area of bloodshot meat on the exit wound that was as big as a pie pan.
Here is my representative Black-Bellied Barbados Ram. I felt no need to measure the horns as he is a trophy no matter what in my mind. His skull will be plated in pewter with his cape hanging below on the wall.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

1 2
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.