Hammer locking problems… again

Home Forums AirForce General Chat Hammer locking problems… again

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mr-lama
    Participant

Hey guys.

This is a problem I thought I had fixed a while back. However, it has reared it’s ugly head once again.

When I cock the gun, the hammer won’t lock back. It will after about 10 tries, and half of the time it snaps back halfway through reloading. I don’t want to shoot it at the moment because of the problem. I’ve checked for burrs, and taken the trigger mod screws out, but still nothing.

Any ideas?

daved
    Participant

Hey, Lama, I just had EXACTLY the same problem, and it’s timing couldn’t have been better, I’d just handed my TSS to my wife to try her hand at popping paint balls :-). For the moment, she’s properly paranoid about touching ANY of my shit .

The problem turned out to be stupid simple, my rifle was dirty! I live in dusty country, and I pack this thing around with me on job sites, usually in an open ATV. Tore it down, gave it a good cleaning and lubing, and it’s working like a champ. Hope that solve the problem.

Dave

walkonking
    Participant

Take out the sear spring and give it a little stretch. Reinstall

It works.

marc
    Participant

If that doesn’t cure it. Put back your safety 🙁
    Another thing you could try is making the recess in the breechslide where the hammersear engages a little deeper.

Or buy some toolsteel triggerparts from ewoodie. I have them in my gun and it locks like a jail door! 😛

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.