Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

Guys What Do You Think About This Air Compressor ??

Home Forums Compressors, Tanks and Pumps Guys What Do You Think About This Air Compressor ??

This topic contains 17 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  hoot 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

hemn

Dears,,

i don’t know if this has been discussed before or not,,, but i am interesting of collecting some info about this air compressor ,, even the name is not mentioned ,,,

so,, guys ,,what is the difference between this compressor and others? please watch the vid and reply,,,

thanks for your help ,,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTd24DBO70Y

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261697687180?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D261697687180%26_rdc%3D1

zonk
    Participant

Wow Hemn I’ve never seen this compressor before but it sure looks nice and it has a moisture filter. My Shoebox Freedom 8 doesn’t have a moisture filter and that would be nice to have. Same price too!

donnyfl
    Participant

Morning brother Hemn! I think the first one is the early version of the Omega compressor and the second one reminds me of Modair’s version:

Secoda will chime in, he used his nerdy brain and told me the difference once. All I remember is that the Modair one is similar to the Omega just missing a few features.

hemn

i think (however i don’t have anyone,,,just feeling) i don’t have anyone of them,,, but i think this one is already does the same performance of Omega with sooooooo less price ,,,omega is $ 1,795 and this one is only $1,250

so,, i prefer some one who has omega provide us a details of omega ,,in order to compare to this one,,,

i am somehow interest on this one… don’t know if i am correct or not???

ronin001

I have one of the first variants of these compressors. They are all the same main internals plus (+) or minus (-) some features. Either way every single one of these compressors comes from the same company overseas. I believe Michael at Mrodair is by far was or is going to be selling his variant of this compressor at a cheaper price compared to other distributors in the US.

secoda
    Participant

Condition is New Other and no returns or support or details. Hard to tell w/o more information. Maybe he is getting out of them and selling his left over inventory. (says 2)

dman1114
    quote SECoda:

Condition is New Other and no returns or support or details. Hard to tell w/o more information. Maybe he is getting out of them and selling his left over inventory. (says 2)

That’s probaly all he has right now. Not sure where he’s pedaling these from.

Right now there is only really 2 units of this type I the US.

There is the one that was introduces as the raptor and then there is the one that has no shell.

They are made by the same company.

This one is a step down from the raptor.

I got all the specs for each at the house. You can go to aoa website and compare the 2.

Like I mentioned earlier the importer has an agreement with the manufacture and AOA so if they were imported by someone other than raptor more than likely u will be on your own for service.

hemn

guys,,,,

i just found this in Alibaba web,,,and seems to be a good compressor,,, what do you think guys??

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/GYZ25-220V-300bar-pcp-bald-eagle_60139414368.html

i think all compressors are made in China just like this one,, so,,for the quality i don’t think there is a big difference

zonk
    Participant

Wow the price sure seems cheap enough.

hemn
    quote Zonk:

Wow the price sure seems cheap enough.

Zonk,,,

FYI, all prices for these air compressors are almost in this level,,,but it will rise up because of the shipping and custom duty ,,,

i asked him to send me a quotation, he replied me and offered me $1,185 ( including DHL shipping to my city) ,,,that is reasonable price i think.,,, and i am rather sure it will perform like others,,,

dman1114

Hemm..

That compressor is different compared to the raptor /omega

They are made by a different manufacture.

Not sure on how good. But they will pump up to 6k psi from what I read.

They are not as fancy as the raptor but they are 4 times the speed.

Got more info for u from the maker. Send me a pm with your email and I’ll send it your way.

dman1114

Brother Hemm…

sorry it took me so long. i just sent you some info. Hard to do from phone and it was a long day at work…..

let us know if you go with one

hemn

My Brother. ..

Thanks a lot. ..I received your email. ..it is clear to now. .. iam still not ready actually to spend such amount. ..and I also confused between buying this compressor or a 97cu air cylinder? ???

Actually I found a shop that can refill tanks up to 4500pis…
    but still confused. ….

quote dman1114:

Brother Hemm…

sorry it took me so long. i just sent you some info. Hard to do from phone and it was a long day at work…..

let us know if you go with one

hoot
    Participant

My dear Hemn…

I own a steel 150 cu ft steel dive tank. It is half again as large as the 97 cu ft tank. If you check Ebay, you can sometimes find a 150 cu ft scuba tank in steel for 200 USD. I believe Faber is the brand.

The smaller scuba tanks will need filling much more often. Depending on the gun’s air tank volume, I can get about 30 fills from my tank.

A much better solution, in my humble opinion, is to purchase a carbon, or glass fiber tank, of the largest size you can afford. Since it can be filled to 4550 psi, it will offer many more refills than my steel tank, be much lighter, and will be less expensive than buying/maintaining an air compressor at home. That is true only if you have easy access, at an affordable price, to a station that will fill the 4550 psi tank.

A glass fiber tank is expensive, but it is in the middle of the price of buying a large steel scuba tank and buying your own compressor.

Regards,

Uncle Hoot:

leadbetter
    quote Hoot:

My dear Hemn…

I own a steel 150 cu ft steel dive tank. It is half again as large as the 97 cu ft tank. If you check Ebay, you can sometimes find a 150 cu ft scuba tank in steel for 200 USD. I believe Faber is the brand.

The smaller scuba tanks will need filling much more often. Depending on the gun’s air tank volume, I can get about 30 fills from my tank.

A much better solution, in my humble opinion, is to purchase a carbon, or glass fiber tank, of the largest size you can afford. Since it can be filled to 4550 psi, it will offer many more refills than my steel tank, be much lighter, and will be less expensive than buying/maintaining an air compressor at home. That is true only if you have easy access, at an affordable price, to a station that will fill the 4550 psi tank.

A glass fiber tank is expensive, but it is in the middle of the price of buying a large steel scuba tank and buying your own compressor.

Regards,

Uncle Hoot:

I thought you used your pos-t-vac to fill your tanks :hoot: ?
    :biggrinn:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar