Got my 9mm kit yesterday! Pics sunday hopefully.

Home Forums AirForce Talon/Talon SS Got my 9mm kit yesterday! Pics sunday hopefully.

• This topic has 97 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by dnc.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 98 total)
  • Author
    dnc
    Participant

Got my 9mm kit yesterday. I’m extremely busy with stuff right now, so no pics yet. I’ll try to get it installed on Sunday, and give it a review. Thanks blodnob.

get-the-blue-jay
    Participant

congrats on the new toys, lookin forward to the pics and review, how about throwing in some penetration tests on a 4×4?

did you get a shroud with it?

if so I’m defiantly interested in how quite you can get it 😉

teflontron
    Participant

What ammo do you intend shooting with it?

dnc
    Participant

I’ve almost got it set up. I’ve got the valve on, and I’m pumping it up right now. Tef, I’ve got some 80 grainers, but I plan on shooting 68 grain 000 buckshot. I’ve heard that the buckshot shoots well, plus its cheap.

And yes, I did get a shroud with it. 😈 😈

blodnob
    Participant

Does the trigger hold that heavy spring ? ❓

dnc
    Participant

Yes, its holding.

nuglor
    Participant

I’m anxiously waiting to hear the results. I’m next on Blodnobs list for a 9mm setup. If all works out well, I’ll be putting money in the mail! 😀

cygnus-x-d82
    Participant

if the trigger becomes unreliable….

then file the groove on the middle sear (the one between the trigger, and hammer sear)

i removed about .3-0.5mm with a tiny file….and that makes it reliable again

for the US non metric dude’s i removed 1.5/64ths lol im kidding i have no clue what it would be in imperial

remember to let the top corker remain sharp….thats where the hammer sear engages…..the oval hole in the hammer sear will take up any slack(and i figure thats why its there)

walkonking
    Participant
    quote Cygnus X:

if the trigger becomes unreliable….

then file the groove on the middle sear (the one between the trigger, and hammer sear)

i removed about .3-0.5mm with a tiny file….and that makes it reliable again

for the US non metric dude’s i removed 1.5/64ths lol im kidding i have no clue what it would be in imperial

remember to let the top corker remain sharp….thats where the hammer sear engages…..the oval hole in the hammer sear will take up any slack(and i figure thats why its there)

.5mm would be 0.1968″

Inche to millmeter conversion chart

dnc
    Participant

Didn’t get a chance to shoot it today, but everything is put together and ready to go. I’m going to gander mountain tomorrow to buy some 000 buckshot.

blackops
    Participant

Can’t wait for the shooting report…you need some pellets/bullets too! box of 77 grain EJ’s and some pure lead from http://www.Customcastbullets.com maybe?

That is one hell of a shroud 😯 the DNC is a nice touch!

Jim.

dnc
    Participant

Ok, well as you’ve noticed, there has been a slight delay. The valve he sent me was more or less experimental. As it turned out, not even a 120 grain hammer and a ridiculously strong spring could open it. So, he is making me another one. From the pictures he sent me, it looks amazing. Hopefully, I’ll get it here in the next few weeks.

voltar-1
    Participant
    quote dnc:

Ok, well as you’ve noticed, there has been a slight delay. The valve he sent me was more or less experimental. As it turned out, not even a 120 grain hammer and a ridiculously strong spring could open it. So, he is making me another one. From the pictures he sent me, it looks amazing. Hopefully, I’ll get it here in the next few weeks.

What was the seat diameter of that valve that would not open?
    Curious as to why a very heavy hammer and spring could not do the deed.
    I use a 95 gram hammer and a 25# spring and make 200fpe with it. opening a valve of 0.312″ seat diameter.
    Pics of the valve would be good.

dnc
    Participant

I think it was 8mm? So about the same as yours? It wouldn’t open above 1300psi or something like that. I’ll pump it back up tomorrow. I tried for several days, but could never get it working.

mikemilz
    Participant

She looks LETHAL……. Have fun with her. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 98 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.