Skip to toolbar

Got me a Nice craigslist find….

Home Forums General Compressors, tanks and pumps Got me a Nice craigslist find….

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    dman1114
    Participant

been hunting for compressors for a few months now…. missed a few but i found this Gem here its only got 6 hours on it. . I wanted an electric motor but for the Price i couldn’t pass this up

called the guy up made the deal wired him the cash. He crated it and its on its way.

I should have it Friday… Good thing cause i have no more air and i can’t get my tanks filled cause they have expired. maybe ill have break out the scuba gear and spear gun!!!

zonk
    Participant

Damn man that’s one nice find. Congrats… wish I had that luck…. :sadn:

knifemaker
    Participant

Sweet! 😀

iride
    Participant

Post up more info, what kind of tanks you got, how long does it take to fill?
    anything to help the new guys looking for compressors .
    It looks brand new,
    Mike

dman1114
    Participant

I found it on craigslist…. the guy wanted 1600 for it… he crated it up and shipped it to me for 1620$ .

I haven’t used it yet. I called max air to get the manual and check on any updates/service.

I bought a tune up kit an a few fittings.

I’m gonna change the filters, oils, and belt and check everything out before filling my tanks. I have 2 30 min scba and 1 88 carbon fiber.

Max air filled me in on the histry. It was bought new in 07 so it’s about 8 years old. But the owner took good care and it looks good

Everything looks.good and it runs great. Started first pull out of the crate.

I’m thinking about putting a electric motor on it. But for now I just need air .

iride
    Participant

If that is gas powered make sure you do not use pump gas with ethanol in it,,,,
    Trust me only bad things will come from ethanol ,
    Just a word or warning,,,
    Mike

dman1114
    Participant

Well got my fittings and all my stuff needed…..

changed the air filter. fired it up the blow off valve was set at 3600 psi…. so i had to adjust that. I topped my 88 cf tank. 3000-4500 in no time at all… somewhere under 10 mins…probably less.

knifemaker
    Participant

Looking Good D!

Non “E” is history here in Central Texas. Real Gasoline has been gone for several years now. Grrrrr!!!

Knife

dman1114
    Participant
    quote knifemaker:

Looking Good D!

Non “E” is history here in Central Texas. Real Gasoline has been gone for several years now. Grrrrr!!!

Knife

No worries here knife …

Just installed this 5 hp leeson

rgaumer
    Participant
    quote dman1114:

quote knifemaker:

Looking Good D!

Knife

No worries here knife …

Just installed this 5 hp leeson

Beautiful!! Im just waiting for a reason to ditch the scuba tanks for one of these bad boys.. Any suggestions? lol

dman1114
    Participant

I suggest scouring Craigslist…

You can find a nice used one. Search the Whole USA. ask if they will ship. shipping isn’t too bad for something around 100 lbs about 130 bucks.

Im in mine for less then you can buy one of them china electric hand pumps (omegas) and they are 1800 plus 75 or so shipping.

oakey631
    Participant
    quote dman1114:

Well got my fittings and all my stuff needed…..

changed the air filter. fired it up the blow off valve was set at 3600 psi…. so i had to adjust that. I topped my 88 cf tank. 3000-4500 in no time at all… somewhere under 10 mins…probably less.

:biggrinn: NICE

hoot
    Participant

:hoot:

Just remember that’s probably not breathable air! It uses a gasoline engine, and unless your air intake is tubed out far from the exhaust pipe, there are exhaust gasses to contend with.

Plus, best check to see if it has a moisture remover as part of its’ air intake equipment. And, be certain it is an “oil less” compressor. Otherwise, the compressed air can have petroleum oil vapor, moisture, and carbon monoxide in it.

Hopefully it has all these features taken care of. Nice unit!

Hoot:

dman1114
    Participant
    quote Hoot:

:hoot:

Just remember that’s probably not breathable air! It uses a gasoline engine, and unless your air intake is tubed out far from the exhaust pipe, there are exhaust gasses to contend with.

Plus, best check to see if it has a moisture remover as part of its’ air intake equipment. And, be certain it is an “oil less” compressor. Otherwise, the compressed air can have petroleum oil vapor, moisture, and carbon monoxide in it.

Hopefully it has all these features taken care of. Nice unit!

Hoot:

when i got it , it came with a 6 foot intake hose. That eliminates the Carbon monoxide. (not needed anymore since i converted it to electric)

this is a real deal dive compressor. it has a water / oil seperator and also cartridge filter.

works great and gives me clean dry air.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.