Skip to toolbar
Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

Gen 1 Marauder rebuild

Home Forums Other Guns Benjamin Marauder Gen 1 Marauder rebuild

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    bluewalker
    Participant

Well, after 4 years of shooting the marauder it has developed a very small seal leak, time for a rebuild. Anything I need to pay attention too? Ive ordered the seal kit and plan on doing the job this weekend. Even though this thing is god awful heavy, I have enjoyed the accuracy this thing has had. maybe ill put it up for sale after its rebuilt…….

terryh
    Participant

It’s a pretty straightforward task. I’m assuming you have the degasing tool. One thing that seems to always be an issue is the edges of the gauge port hole cutting the O rings. I strongly recommend that you use a needle file and/or a Dremel to ease the sharp edges of the hole in the air reservoir. Will save you some serious aggravation.

bluewalker
    Participant

Thanks, I do have the tool, just waiting on the rebuild kit to show up. Looks like a good weekend project

bluewalker
    Participant

Found the problem,

blacktalon6
    Participant

Yes that may be the leak :biggrinn:

bluewalker
    Participant

Got it all put back together, parts from crosman took 11 days to get here. It is .22 and cannot get past 804fps shooting polymags. Have tried everything except valve adjustment. Two things I noticed, the replacement baffles are different than what was originally in there (shorter) so I had to add a small spring to keep it all tight. And there is no set screw for the flow adjuster in the valve, parts diagram shows it in there but mine did not have it. Overall it is much quieter compared to before. Much less hammer noise , no tank ping I can hear……….Velocity adjuster does no difference full out or fully in……filling to 3k

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.