Q:

Gen 1 .25

Been away from the forum awhile, after starting my new job as an industrial press mechanic I was pretty overwhelmed getting my footing and didnt have much time outside of the little people and work. I am happy to say things are mellowing out as I have began to grasp the ins and outside of the old shit spreader I maintain. A good friend happened to sell his new gen 2 .25 Vulcan to my surprise 😐 Lucky for me he didnt sell his Donnie Fl Sumo… and insisted I take it free of charge as he made out well. :8:

I was and am shocked and very thankful. The Sumo is excellent. So well made, the robust inner core is awesome and much better suited to disrupt the blast than the oversized spring found in the AGT LDC and the Qtec on my AirArms as well.

After seeing a video online I modded the Sumo slightly by replacing the felt over the mesh with high density memory foam(bed foam). The thing is ridiculously quiet. My .25 Vulcan is noticeably less audible than my .177 AirArms S510 w/break…

I am wildly impressed with this LDC… the looks are just Icing on the cake. The little tag “Sumo” to the lines.. well done Donnie..well done indeed. I fell like I should pay you again for this one lol. :5:

Airgun Technology

All Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Nice, I think i’ll try that on my Ronin. I’d like to get my .25 just a little quieter.

I cant understand why he sold it.. I guess a time/usage thing.. but I’m not sure. He is the video I followed, figured if its Ernest I’ll try it lol.

https://youtu.be/KovxP8e6crc

FM, why did he sell his Vulcan?? And new you said. I’d sure like to see a picture of your Sumo and what you did to it to make it quieter.

Zonk

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.