Skip to toolbar
Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

Gator's back with a new LW polygon barrel

Home Forums BullPups Taipan Mutant/Veteran Gator's back with a new LW polygon barrel

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    miksatx
    Participant

So I decided to make my Standard a slug shooter. Here’s a pix of 5 shots taken with the mutants cz barrel. Shooting my cast slugs.

miksatx
    Participant

Yesterday I started shooting groups with unsized slugs, sizeds slugs at .217,.216,.215. First two pics slugs shooting about 608/610 fps next two shooting 700+

rowdy
    Participant

The slugs look great. You make the mold or?

What weight are those? These slugs fit the mags for your standard? You know how long of a pellet or slug can you get in the mag?

Other question along this same line I have been trying to get an answer to has been what is the longest pellet you can use in the mag of the 25 caliber?

You have other Tiapian’s and if so what do you have and which caliber’s?

I really like the slugs you cast and curious if you made the mold or where it came from?

That last group looks really good. Have you ever shot any of these harder than the 700+ ? They look very similar to the 30gr piledrivers. Which if they are shot over 1000 fps they have done really well from my 24″ barrel Rapid, which needs lots of air to do so.

I had 6000 psi nitrogen at that time frame, so it was not a problem so much.

miksatx
    Participant

Hey Rowdy
    Bought the mold from http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/product_info.php?cPath=24_472&products_id=3339
    These are running about 27/28 grain in HP. Not cast any FN yet. Yes they fit the mag no problem.
    Here’s a link for NOE .25 you can check length clicking on the pellet or bullet and checking out the design drawings. http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/index.php?cPath=554
    My other taipan is a shorty in.177. I’d have to turn up my reg to get them faster then 790 only made one shot at full power and it was the 790fps.

rowdy
    Participant

That is a nice website. They have the gas checks for when you use them on powder burners.

My cousin has a sizer that you can push your slugs through that will do it all on one process.

It will size them, pack any ring grooves with the lube and put the gas check on and crimp.

I have used it alot on .30 caliber for my 300 Winchester Magnum. I shoot it alot with a small just over 100gr bullet, which your not going to buy anywhere that size in the box for 300wm 🙂 It’s a round nose that does really well with 4895 powder, just a sprinkle is all it takes 🙂

The 177 in the shorty, I would think it would be a blast to shoot also…

Thanks for the info…

iride
    Participant

Yea, That Mutant shorty in 177 is a rare bird, Tony had two Veterans in 177 for sale a while back, Had to close my computer down to keep from buying one and selling off my Vulcan #2 in 177, Its the magazines that make the Veterans /Mutants the clear winner,
    Rowdy You lost your Nitrogen fills right? Did it get to expensive or did they drop you?
    out here in the oil patch its big money for nitrogen tanks and fills.
    Mike

iride
    Participant

Mike
    You got a close up picture of that Polygon barrel, Isn;t it supposed to be Polygon shaped???
    Mike
    NEVER MIND, Brain fart here.

Search Results
    Featured snippet from the web
    Image result for polygon shape
    A polygon is any 2-dimensional shape formed with straight lines. Triangles, quadrilaterals, pentagons, and hexagons are all examples of polygons. The name tells you how many sides the shape has. For example, a triangle has three sides, and a quadrilateral has four sides.May 16, 2015

rowdy
    Participant

You two Mike’s here makes it tuff to keep things straight 🙂

My 6000 nitrogen just got to expensive. I used it for years in the oil field while I was tigging up stainless pipe work all over.

The price of that stuff now, I won’t pay to use it anymore on my PCP’s…

It was darn sure nice to have that big cylinder of 6000 psi nitrogen to fill from. Was not handy to go out in the field, like the new 4500 tanks, a person still needs that. 🙂

miksatx
    Participant

Lol the polygon shape on the LW barrel isn’t referring to the outside of the barrel it is the polygon design of the rifling inside of the barrel bore. Does that make sense now?
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygonal_rifling

darryl
    Participant

aha! octagonal polygon barrel! 😀
    Mike, and rowdy, you guys are leagues beyond my knowing. So I want to keep track of this thread.
    Darryl

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.