Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

Fx impact sloppy design?

Home Forums BullPups FX Bullpups Fx impact sloppy design?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  gku 11 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

sippy99

I have an extra 200k laying around and I STILL don’t think the impact is worth the money. Please can someone with greater knowledge and experience than I have verify my following theory as valid or not? I want a system that will out shoot all of my crickets in .177, .22, and .25 before I make the leap (Good luck). I don’t think the impact can do this because the regulator will need to reseat itself and settle-in every time I changed barrels and regular pressure. The only way I see these things delivering constant velocities between barrel swaps is if the regulator was changed out with it. This way I would not have to wait for the regulator to adjust. Is this a sound theory????
    YES I know I will never give up my crickets. I’m running straight past my gf and to the gun cabinet in the event of a house fire. Please let me know.

beach-gunner

Sloppy,

Personally I am sticking with my Vulcan gen2 in .25 and my Taipan Vertran .22, they are great guns. To answer your question though….Don’t worry about it so much. Invest that 200K into a safe investment that will preserve your principal…sould’nt be too hard to find an investment that will return 4% annually ($4,000). Heck buya new AG everyear and sell the AG it’s replacing! this way you can participate in the new technology coming out and not touch your principal!

Beach-gunner. :4:
    Dennis

iride
    Participant

Sippy wow that a tall order, I am just waiting untill FX gets all the bugs worked out 2023 or so.
    Everyone I talk to says the gun is just so complex , They just need to make it simple,
    My Crickets and Vulcan keeps me shooting, Trouble free.
    Mike

gku
    Participant

Sippy with an extra $200,000.00 you can get one in every caliber and color, each dedicatedly tuned to all the calibers they offer !
    :rofl:

~ Greg

sippy99

Thank you everyone. I knew I had to approach this topic carefully because the airginning community is filled with perfectionists and a touch of ADHD. But can anyone tell me if my theory is valid?
    Also, I’m doing great financially, I get at least 10% on my money. I’m around 20% cash on cash with real estate. But I digress! Please let me know about my OP

beach-gunner

Sloppy,

Best I can tell you are spot on. Ag in 3 different calibers will need different reg pressures, therefore you are correct in your analysis. Don’t fret and enjoy your guns. My suggestion buy Vulcan, Taipan Veteran or new Leya V2.

:4: :4:

sippy99

Beach,
    Thank you for that, sir. Greg GKU, do you agree as well?

gku
    Participant

That’s why I have 6 PBs at the moment.
    2 Crickets 177 & 22, 2 EdGuns 20 & 22 and 2 Taipans 22 & 25.
    All tuned to my needs, some variable some fixed powered.

I’m a pester outdoors and indoors so I need them all ready for what ever comes my way.
    Never could yet find just one PCP that can do all I need.
    I’m looking at the new EdGun Lelya V2 in 22 cal, it’s really got my trigger finger itching once more ………

Only 1, only 2 ….. darn it it’s 6 ….. just thinking only 7 ? :rofl:

– Greg

iride
    Participant

Sippy 99
    Your not going to find anything to out shoot the crickets , Case closed
    Yes the FX has a BIG problem with quality control, I like the impact and what it stands for , But the gun itself is a crap shoot,
    You may get a good one, But for the amount of money its a stupid deal,
    Me I love to keep it simple and easy to work on,
    It takes a smart person to look around and just not drank the cool aid over on the AGN fx site,
    I am on the AGN site, and was even told my gun is better than your gun because its a FX, Really I can not even find a reply for a statement like that. :rofl:
    Mike

sippy99

I agree with everything everyone is saying on this post. It’s just that when you are deployed for so long, your mind plays tricks on you and you need to consult experts to slap you out of it.
    My crickets are so damn accurate. Ernest got my .22 to shoot THREE FPS spread over 25 shots!!! I then worked on her a bit more and bumped that up to five (This is when I learned never to fux with earnest’s work.).
    So now that we have successfully turned an fx post into a Cricket post, can anyone tell me where I can get some different barrels to try for my .177 short, and .22 standard?

gku
    Participant

That’s only 2 fps difference could be just chorny tolerance ?
    But for extreme spread it’s usually the larger of the 2 small piston O-ring that’s the culprit.

Hum …. … . why the different barrels don’t you like the CZs reputation for accuracy ?

Darn if these will show more accuracy for yah …… they’ll need to be cut to length and machining on both ends to fit your Crickets.
    http://www.airgunspares.com/store/department/72/BARRELS-%26-BLANKS/

~ Greg

sippy99

in my quest to build the perfect gun, I have set all my internals to as close to perfect as I can get. Now I feel as though the last thing I need to do is find the perfect barrel. One of mine has a tight spot when pushing a pellet down the barrel with a wooden dowel rod. I feel as though if I try a few barrels, I’m bound to find the perfect one for my gun. And YES these CZ barrels are awesome so far. I just have no clue what I’m doing when it comes to barrel choke, crown angle, bore paste, bore polish, slugging…and all that stuff. If I get a few of these BSA barrels, can a gun smith do all the work I need? I’ve read that the best barrels for the JSBs are LW and CZ. I can give these BSAs a shot too if you guys think it might help.

gku
    Participant

Before buying you need to contact a gunsmith to see if they’re will to do the job.
    Ernest or Dman … ( Dman hasn’t posted here in a while he’s busy with their newborn baby boy !)
    Often time the cost may be to much to make theses barrels fit the Crickets CZ 15mm OD with a aftermarket LDC.

You can find CZ and LW barrels with a 15mm OD for sale now and then.
    Even a replacement CZ might be worth a rego ……. keep an eye out for them.
    Also contact Charlie Frear at GEORGIA AirGuns he might be able to have a barrel for you ?
    https://www.georgiaairguns.net/home.html

Ernest may have LW barrels need to call him.

~ Greg

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar