Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

FX Crown – DO NOT BUY

Home Forums Other Guns Other Guns FX Crown – DO NOT BUY

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    steveinla
    Participant

Hi Mike,
    I’m pleased you spoke up. I never thought of the taxes and labor rates in Sweden.

AGN? …oh the Yellow forum; OK.

OK, what do you consider “the good stuff?” (Honestly, I’m trying to learn what I don’t know. That’s challenging when you don’t know which questions to ask.)

I have always thought that many airguns are over priced, but that’s what they seem to cost. If you want a chocolate shake, pay for a chocolate shake.

Thanks Mike.
    R, Steve

rkr
    Participant

Quote from Blackpool Air Rifles website (FX Streamline):

“We received our first batch recently and the finish and fit was terrible so they have all gone back . We may stock them again but due to the constant issues with FX products its unlikely we will bother.”

http://www.airgunbuyer.com/Showproducts.asp?cat=Air%20Rifles&SubCat=FX%20Air%20Rifles

Impact not sold either.

steveinla
    Participant

Hi rkr,
    That makes sense. Matt Dubber in South Africa stated in his review that the Streamline’s “lower” cost is due to changes in the production/assembly techniques (obviously not good changes). You get what you pay for. $1000 just isn’t enough money to get good fit and finish. Go figure. It’s refreshing to see a retailer who will not stick us with garbage that needs to be returned. Good for BAR.

Clearly the reviewers get specially assembled and tuned guns. Again, go figure.

Steve

kris
    Participant

“Crown” is the currency in Sweden, you see

that is where the name is coming from. It took my both degrees to figure it out
    :rofl:

rkr
    Participant
    quote SteveinLA:

Hi rkr,
    That makes sense. Matt Dubber in South Africa stated in his review that the Streamline’s “lower” cost is due to changes in the production/assembly techniques (obviously not good changes). You get what you pay for. $1000 just isn’t enough money to get good fit and finish. Go figure. It’s refreshing to see a retailer who will not stick us with garbage that needs to be returned. Good for BAR.

Clearly the reviewers get specially assembled and tuned guns. Again, go figure.

Steve

Companies like Air Arms and Weihrauch can make very well finished PCPs for under 1000$ even though they have their factories in Europe. Labor costs in Sweden are not that different from labor costs in Germany or UK.

steveinla
    Participant

So what rkr, they are just price gouging us? (I think that’s what you said earlier, but it’s been a few days since I read the thread.)

rkr
    Participant
    quote SteveinLA:

So what rkr, they are just price gouging us? (I think that’s what you said earlier, but it’s been a few days since I read the thread.)

Considering that FX .30 boss costs 1200$ in Sweden and 1750$ in US – there might be something in it. The same company presents Weichrauch – cheapest one at 1150$ while you can buy a cheap HW100 for around 800$ in Germany. The formula seems to be – add 50% to the price in Europe and take off 50$. Considering that VAT from EU prices is returned when exported out of EU and they include margin for EU dealers I’d say certain company has very nice margins.

steveinla
    Participant

OK, so what’s your answer?

I have two AirArms guns. The first I bought used…it was a great deal that I just couldn’t pass up. The second was a good deal also. PA advertised it as a refurb with $200 off. I placed it in my cart trying to see what was wrong with it. Several days later they sent me a notice that if I bought it right now they’d take another 10% off. That didn’t work so I called PA and they told me that they don’t discount AA guns. Then I kept getting the 10% off if you buy it now emails. So, I called to complain about the fraudulent emails; I just wanted them stop the emails. However, one of the managers offered me the gun, (a .22 S 510 carbine with a walnut sporter stock), for $980…retail was $1300 at the time. I asked what was wrong with it and he told me it had been returned and probably had a few scratches. When I got it, I couldn’t find a scratch on it anywhere. happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me!!! It’s a beautiful gun that shoots straight. I know PA still made a respectable profit on it, or they wouldn’t have sold it like that.

The point being, be patient and buy them at the right price…errr, at a better price.

Steve

leadbetter
    Participant
    quote BentSkirt:

Because it’s an FX, don’t buy it.
    Because it’s imported by aoa and ONLY aoa, don’t buy it.
    Because someone had an issue with their FX that they themselves caused, don’t buy it.
    Because aoa wouldn’t fix that issue under warranty, don’t buy it.
    Because aoa charges for shipping, don’t buy it.
    Because it has smooth twist rifling, definitely don’t buy it.
    Because it’s something innovative and new, don’t buy it.
    Because the Bobcat “looks like a Beluga whale”, don’t buy it.
    Because a number of Impacts had issues, don’t buy it.
    Because an Impact won at EBR, don’t buy it.
    Because Iride said so, don’t buy it.
    Because leadbetter said so, don’t buy it.
    Because it looks like it does, don’t buy it.
    Because it has a bottle and not a tube, don’t buy it.
    Because it isn’t a bullpup, don’t buy it.
    Because you can adjust so many things on it, don’t buy it.
    Because it’s not a Mutant don’t buy it.
    Because it’s not a Cricket, don’t buy it.
    Because Ted’s probably going to have one, definitely don’t buy it.

C’mon everyone, what other reasons can you come up with, before it even comes out, to bash it? Let’s hear it! I know you guys can come up with some real zingers.
    Factual or not, it doesn’t matter. Let the creativity fly!

Neat

dan-h
    Participant

so much for buying and expensive FX …after reading this thread – I think I will stick to my mrod/hatsan diabolo guns that are tac drivers any way :rofl:

iride
    Participant

You guys need to look at the Cricket, Veteran over on TAG,
    Mike

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar