Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

FX Crown – DO NOT BUY

Home Forums Other Guns Other Guns FX Crown – DO NOT BUY

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    steveinla
    Participant

That’s the living truth Greg, simplicity = elegance. That’s a ,22 caliber Cricket magazine, isn’t it? I haven’t reached the level of sophistication that compels me to buy a bullpup. I still prefer the walnut sporter stock.

I have looked at them and I like the …FX Wildcat and Impact guns. I know, don’t do it! Step away from the bowel!

I was just watching Matt Dubber in South Africa with a Cricket. He makes good videos also.

R, Steve

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes Steve that is .. pic stolen from Tony … I have 2, a Cricket 22 std and a Compact 177.

The FX WildCat was on my buy list for it’s simplicity = elegance, but I dropped the ball on it and got a Mutant Shorty 22 instead … I’m loving this gun as well !

The Impact is not a simple gun IMO, u have been forewarned a complex man ….. :biggrinn: just joking with yah …. many owners are happy with them Sir !

Airgun Utubers I like are the old Ted videos, and yes, IMO I feel there’s a difference between the old and the new Ted. :sadn:

:biggrinn: also ……..
    Jim Chapman / https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYxX7Gv5A4gAhbZYBE-gf_Q
    Exziver / https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI4pvWXw0xFCDpLw14nbhPA
    Kirsten Joy Weiss / https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVoZWNrLlwl7Gv_2ji9Csng

:biggrinn: Tech advice ……
    The MAN, Ernest Rowe / https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbmysxe6_F975u202x7Kszg / https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYYaAkwKb0-KkaQtaY9tVnQ

The MAN, Keyser soze / Brian / EDgun West / https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMNPnjcwbriYeD2-hH6PKHQ

………. are some to name a few.

~ Greg

steveinla
    Participant

Hi Greg,

I’m not pleased with the cocking lever so far back on most bullpup guns. I do like the walnut cheek piece on your .177 Cricket. That’s a nice pic of the stable mates. What do you do with your .177? I have a limited use for .177, but I’m not willing to spend so much money for that use (tiny pests at close range).

I find the Impact sexy! I like the big carbon fiber tank. I like the forward cocking lever. The cheek piece looks good also. I like being able to switch barrels/calibers. I’m interested in the .25 and .30 calibers. …$300 per caliber/barrel set.

So, if we don’t like the Impact because it’s an FX, they are sold by AOA, somebody else says don’t buy FX, then what should I be looking at in .25 and .30 caliber?

Thanks for the video list. I’ll watch them tonight.

Thanks.
    Steve

Anonymous
    Inactive
    quote SteveinLA:

Hi Greg,

I’m not pleased with the cocking lever so far back on most bullpup guns. I do like the walnut cheek piece on your .177 Cricket. That’s a nice pic of the stable mates. What do you do with your .177? I have a limited use for .177, but I’m not willing to spend so much money for that use (tiny pests at close range).

I find the Impact sexy! I like the big carbon fiber tank. I like the forward cocking lever. The cheek piece looks good also. I like being able to switch barrels/calibers. I’m interested in the .25 and .30 calibers. …$300 per caliber/barrel set.

So, if we don’t like the Impact because it’s an FX, they are sold by AOA, somebody else says don’t buy FX, then what should I be looking at in .25 and .30 caliber?

Thanks for the video list. I’ll watch them tonight.

Thanks.
    Steve

Yes ….. that’s an old pic of my Crickets, got the cheek pieces for resale value I was thinking back then and don’t need it here in warm Hawaii.
    Side cocking levers are also a entity that can be problematic at times as u may know.
    The only side cocker that fix my applications is the Vulcan with its switchable side cocking option.
    For target/test shooting I’d like it on the left side, for hunting/pesting on the right.

It’s a long story with the 177 Compact, I know.
    But it’s a lazer sending JSB 10.34g at 920-930 max in reg tune cutting cards at 40 yards all day !

For my app (Indoor and outdoor pesting) it’s a very flexibly and most tunable PB I own !
    From 8 to 20 fpe and from 8 feet to 80 yards out it can kill DRT, is as flexible as they can come if u ask me.
    For indoor pesting we need to minimize pass throughs, don’t want to damage retail goods or property.
    Do a search on this KG Compact 177, there’s a lot of good unbiased reads here on TAG.

Just the caliber alone has it’s followers for HFT/FT to precision match shooting.
    There’s nothing that beats 177 cal in horning in on the methods of shooting and it’s techniques if u ask me.

22 cal for me is right in the middle of things compared to even larger cals.
    The 25 cal made me lazy of a shot and I lost the will to dope for wind routinely.

Sexiness is in the eye of the beholder my friend ……. or what a mother could only say.
    For me it’s not FX nor AOA (even though I’m a bit off on their greedy business strategies), just my application fixation ….. and it … just doesn’t fit …. in ……. practically/functionally !

The Cal size is up to u Steve, u also will have to live and learn with us all in this eclectic soup together.
    I’m hoping u’d share your walk in this wonderful world of Airguns/PCPs Sir.

~ GReg, p.s. I have the tendency to edit a lot guys ……. I have a condition ……….. :rofl:

larryw22
    Participant

HI SteveinLA, I like the design of the FX Impact but it has more 0-rings than I am comfortable with. The best thing FX owners have going for themselves is Mr. Ernest Rowe’s interest in FX products. AOA’s exclusive retail deal with FX insures every red cent is extracted from the potential buyer. By the way it is my understand that additional barrel kits for the Impact retail closer to 500 USD, feel the pinch?
    Hell I like them all as long as they are accurate!!

Regards
    LarryW :winkn:

Anonymous
    Inactive

oooooh YES indeed ……… …. . Mr Sir Ernest knows where to tread …… $$$ ….. :winkn: …. go figure.
    Or should I say, gold figure ?

~ GReg

steveinla
    Participant

Well Greg,
    My air gun journey started way back in 1970 when Greg Shoemaker sold me a Daisy Pal BB gun for $5. Then my sister’s boyfriend let me shoot his Crosman 760 to get rid of me. 😉 I bought my own Daisy model 25, and 760. Some years later I bought a Crosman 1377; 1985 (a life long friend). A few years later I bought a Benjamin 392; accurate and loud. I started having rat, rabbit, and ground squirrel problems which the 392 dealt with well except for the noise. I bought a Gamo .177 springer and you can guess how that worked out. I bought several “better” springers including an R7 in .20 caliber with the same results.

A guy encouraged me to try an AirForce gun so I bought a Talon SS. WooHoo! 830fps out of the box and dead accurate! That single shot did me well for a while. I wanted a magazine fed .22 and was going to buy a Marauder, but got talked out of it (that was close). I bought a BSA Sportsman HV in .22 and a shroud to tame the report. Strange cocking and loading mechanism, but it is powerful and accurate! Then an AirArms S410 in .22 came my way. What a nice rifle. Then the .25 caliber Marauder with the Green Mountain barrel; MINE!!! What a great shooter.

Somewhere I started a thread on the TAG about AirArms guns and HPA compressors.

I just bought (and am waiting for its delivery), a .177 AirMax Carbine from MrodAir (Diana Stormrider). We’ll see how it goes. I am probably going to turn down the power for my intended use.

I found myself in need of air…lots of air! So, I bought a Bristol Hamworthy compressor. No shortage of air here!

I really enjoy the PCP airguns.

R, Steve
    p.s. …the journey goes on!

steveinla
    Participant

Hi Larry,
    AirGun Depot is selling FX guns now. I haven’t compared prices yet. I’m going to have to save up for whichever I select next. I don’t really have a use for an Impact, I just like it. I won’t buy one tomorrow without a specific use for it. My .22cal AirArms and .25 Marauder do just about whatever I need to do. A .30 caliber Impact would be just for fun…merely fulfilling a desire.

Thanks for the input guys. It is appreciated.

R, Steve

Anonymous
    Inactive
    quote SteveinLA:

Well Greg,
    My air gun journey started way back in 1970 when Greg Shoemaker sold me a Daisy Pal BB gun for $5. Then my sister’s boyfriend let me shoot his Crosman 760 to get rid of me. 😉 I bought my own Daisy model 25, and 760. Some years later I bought a Crosman 1377; 1985 (a life long friend). A few years later I bought a Benjamin 392; accurate and loud. I started having rat, rabbit, and ground squirrel problems which the 392 dealt with well except for the noise. I bought a Gamo .177 springer and you can guess how that worked out. I bought several “better” springers including an R7 in .20 caliber with the same results.

A guy encouraged me to try an AirForce gun so I bought a Talon SS. WooHoo! 830fps out of the box and dead accurate! That single shot did me well for a while. I wanted a magazine fed .22 and was going to buy a Marauder, but got talked out of it (that was close). I bought a BSA Sportsman HV in .22 and a shroud to tame the report. Strange cocking and loading mechanism, but it is powerful and accurate! Then an AirArms S410 in .22 came my way. What a nice rifle. Then the .25 caliber Marauder with the Green Mountain barrel; MINE!!! What a great shooter.

Somewhere I started a thread on the TAG about AirArms guns and HPA compressors.

I just bought (and am waiting for its delivery), a .177 AirMax Carbine from MrodAir (Diana Stormrider). We’ll see how it goes. I am probably going to turn down the power for my intended use.

I found myself in need of air…lots of air! So, I bought a Bristol Hamworthy compressor. No shortage of air here!

I really enjoy the PCP airguns.

R, Steve
    p.s. …the journey goes on!

NOW YES, THAT’S WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT !!!

Sharing … .. all that .. .. REAL world ….. practical application at it’s best, that’s where the true fun IS at … craze all that …. LOVE IT MAN !@!! :8:

updated the pic for yah …… here.
    http://www.talonairgun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=31777#p321481

~ GReg

steveinla
    Participant

What we are, who we are, is shooters. Powder burners are great, but I can’t shoot a rat with a .308 caliber M-1A in my neighborhood. PCP and classy springers are elegant tools for such purposes. They are great training tools and just plain fun to shoot. It is so nice to shoot with a friend and not need hearing protection that leaves you yelling to hear each other. Some of my powder burner friends aren’t even interested in “BB guns”, or “pellet guns”. Their loss.

I still use my Talon SS when I am teaching new shooters because of its 490cc tank. It gets many shots, about 70, that are minute-of-can out to 25 yards.

Air: I solved having air in the field with one of Joe Brancato’s Guppy tanks. I call it “the football” due to its size. I love that tank! Joe’s stuff isn’t cheap, but it’s quality stainless steel that controls our high pressure air safely.

Tony at TalonTunes is a great resource too and is why we have the TAG. WOK deserves a high five also. These two guy are we have this place to meet in cyberspace. Thanks guys.

Yes Greg, it’s a journey, the airgun journey.
    R, Steve

Anonymous
    Inactive

All very cool SteveinLA, and I will view your posts here on TAG in the future and remember u even with my handicap.
    http://www.talonairgun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=32484&p=329675#p329675

~ GReg , p.s. a slightly drunken post .. sorry ……. I’m still .. in … missing ? … . .. . her lately

steveinla
    Participant

Your writing looks good to me Greg. I hate drunk drivers. Those guys seem to walk away and not know what happened. I am so sorry to hear about your lady.
    Such a waste.

It’s great to meet you on the TAG. I like shooters. I like teachers. You seem to be both.

Steve

steveinla
    Participant

Hey Bentskirt, where did you go? Come back and your two cents. It almost looks like you are an FX guy. Please, tell me about it.
    Steve

steveinla
    Participant

…I found a video about the FX Streamline and it demonstrates how the FX “high capacity” magazine requires the scope to be mounted higher above the barrel than what one would want. Things that make you go hmmm.

Of course at the end of the video, Kip of AOA states that FX is has an 11 shot magazine that allows the scope to be mounted closer to the barrel.
    Steve

iride
    Participant

LOL you guys picking on the FX guns :rofl:
    You got to remember the tax rate over there is like 50.1 % So your 2000 dollar gun is taxed 1000.99 dollars in taxes .
    Labor rates are sky high,
    You guys on AGN can pay the crazy high Tax’s , The crazy high labor rates ,. For a gun that is priced stupid high for what you get….
    Not me ladies , I am buying the good stuff.
    I am sorry you can not fix stupid .
    If I was able to post on AGN I would copy and paste, But I was kicked off,
    Mike

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar