full stock part 2 skeleton

Home Forums General Mods/Machinists full stock part 2 skeleton

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    rabbits
    Participant

well got it started the other day and had an hour on it today so far so good lads .. as u will c the not in the thumbhole is couseing me a bit off trouble but i,m getting there

white-anaconda
    Participant

its gona look fine when its finished,great stuff bud,the thumb hole is gona be a nice feature,

walkonking
    Participant

Great slide show. Thanks for that.

It is going to be another looker!

rabbits
    Participant

lets hope so walkon mate .there,s plenty off grain in this one but i,m thinking off getting it black but ill make my mind up at the end 😀

buba-b
    Participant

Cool slide show ,looks like you managed to get that knot out , it couldnt of been in a worse place by the look of it . happy chiseling 😀

rabbits
    Participant

well bubba mate the not,s still there but i,ve got it to a bit were it,s manageble so it,,ll mak a good feature in the thumbhole ..

rabbits
    Participant

right lads another wee slide show off what i got upto today .. enjoy.
    http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z230/stevenb_011/?action=view&current=8a0ce788.pbw

walkonking
    Participant

Rabbits,

You are a hard working guy. Love to see what you are doing and we are always glad to see it here on the forum.

What you are doing with hand tools it is amazing and we learn a lot just seeing what your doing.

KEEP IT UP….My friend

sniper782
    Participant

I do my stocks with hand tools too.
    You can do whatever you want on the stock, how you want.
    But I gotta say they take much longer and it’s harder, so what rabbits has done it’s very good!

Rabbits can I post mine here?

anthony266
    Keymaster

Great presentation my Friend…

That’s alot of work.

Looking forward to the end result but also enjoy watching the progress.

rabbits
    Participant
    quote sniper782:

I do my stocks with hand tools too.
    You can do whatever you want on the stock, how you want.
    But I gotta say they take much longer and it’s harder, so what rabbits has done it’s very good!

Rabbits can I post mine here?

sniper if u want mate up to u bud … u might get better5 results and coment,s opening your own section .but chuck a few pics on here i would love to c what others do .. 😀

sniper782
    Participant

Right now I only have this picture:

Length is approximately 32″/80cm 😆

rabbits
    Participant

what wood is it your useing sniper and what gun will it be for .. 😀

sniper782
    Participant

Walnut.
    Those were from the same blank, it was hard to find dry blanks at the date.

Originally for a Gamo CFX, that I sold. Since I only had left the HW and the stock is almost as big as the gun with original stock I stopped, started again 2 weeks ago when I knew I was going to buy the S410 😆

rabbits
    Participant
    quote WalkonKing:

Rabbits,

You are a hard working guy. Love to see what you are doing and we are always glad to see it here on the forum.

What you are doing with hand tools it is amazing and we learn a lot just seeing what your doing.

KEEP IT UP….My friend

once again thanks for your kind coment walkon bud i have my late mum to thank for my carveing skills with the hand tools as she was great at carveing and painting . god bless her 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.