Skip to toolbar

Freedom 8 Silicone lube?

Home Forums General Compressors, tanks and pumps Freedom 8 Silicone lube?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    rualert
    Participant

OK, so I finally got a Freedom 8 for the 4-H club, and since I handle all the maintenance I was wondering what type of silicone oil is compatible with the new auto oiling system? I only ask because that was the only thing missing from the box when I received it on Wednesday, and the bottle they are sending won’t be here till Monday. I have a tank to fill, and to be truthful I can’t wait to fire this puppy up and watch it work for the first time. So if someone can point me in the right direction to get me by for at least one top off on a scuba tank, I would be a very happy camper. If you think it would be fine to run it long enough to get from about 2200 PSI back up to about 3200 PSI then I’ll go for it, but I really want to take good care of this great little device. thanks in advance for any and all input.
    Oh and the other great news, my sister in law runs the regional EMS training center, so she has reached out to her contacts to get my a nice SCBA tank that was only used for training and was never in an actual fire. I’ll need to either buy the fill whip adapter or build one, but you can’t beat a tank for free. I figure with my 2 scuba tanks, a third one from the 4-H club we received in our grant this year, and the SCBA I should now have plenty of air, and now a way to keep them filled without having to drive 20+ miles to the scuba shop or paintball shop.

Casey

rualert
    Participant

Just to clarify I’m looking for an equivalent silicone oil used in the new auto oiling system. I’ll check their board as someone suggested, but will either post the answer here in case anyone else needs it, or if someone beats me to it, that will also get the answer here for all of us.

These kids can go through some air, more than I do per week, but we do have a regional match coming up.

Casey

P.S. One of my kids father ordered him an Edge, after he shot my Talon at a fun shoot, he was hooked on the platform.

Last tidbit, at last weeks practice another parent handed me a JC Higgins/Sears 126 / Crosman 150 Type 2 with the one piece heavy barrel. Needs re-bluing, and seals but it’s all there, and does shoot even leaking. Nice to get a vintage pistol even if it needs a restoration.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.