FMG airbullets

Home Forums AirForce General Chat FMG airbullets

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    boondock
    Participant

local made heavy bullets for .20cal… according to maker the modified .20cal BAM51 shoots 80fpe with those 50gr airbullets

Accuracy: 1″ at 50m
    ES: 35
    Shot string with 50gr’s (835, 844, 853, 850, 850, 842, 840, 833, 824, 818)

followed by some pic

(Resized to fit the screen. Click for larger pictures. – Tron)

teflontron
    Participant

Boondock: you do a lot of shooting with .20 so how do you think the accuracy is? To me, 1″ at 50 Yards is a little on the large size but these may well be down to the rifle, shooter etc, so it’s hard to judge. The 50 Grain pellet certainly looks as though it will be hard to stabilise though, although that may just be because it looks so different.

bodhisdad
    Participant

Thats exactly the kind of AG bullet we need for our rigs. Love to see some in .22cal/.25cal for the rest of the guys. So when a these going to be on the market?? Can a guy purchase a die and do some hand swagging?

andrew-zx
    Participant

boondock in US where to buy FMG bullet?

snake
    Participant

that 50 grain should be called the Love Pellet 😆

garytex
    Participant

Those sure look like they could have been swaged in Corbin dies. Please provide addl. info re: source and availability of .22 or especially.25 cal pell—no, those aren’t pellets, they ARE airbullets, and I want some.

dnc
    Participant

all that contact with the barrel is going to slow them WAY WAY down. Notice the skirted design of most pellets. This lessens the contact with the barrel and helps with accuracy.

knifemaker
    Participant

Don’t forget guy’s that much of the pellets stability comes from the waisted design. The skirt adds drag, which aids in accuracy. Even though it does hurt the BC. The bad part of all this is that our barrels won’t stabilize a bullet shaped projectile. In order to stabilize the air bullet, you are going to have to go to a barrel with a faster twist.

Mike

bodhisdad
    Participant
    quote knifemaker:

Don’t forget guy’s that much of the pellets stability comes from the waisted design. The skirt adds drag, which aids in accuracy. Even though it does hurt the BC. The bad part of all this is that our barrels won’t stabilize a bullet shaped projectile. In order to stabilize the air bullet, you are going to have to go to a barrel with a faster twist.

Mike

Be that as it may, boony is experienced in longrange shooting and been around awhile. His pic is from 50yds and i’d say those are some nice groups. To tell you the truth it looks like a better design then the piledriver pellets which were a MF’er to fit in the end of the barrel, 30g oval dealers of death, but had heard of some accuracy issues.

Emouse posted something similar to what you just said on airgun advice, he knows his designs of pellets and bullets, but a pic is worth a thousand designs and those aren’t bad groups for a 50g airbullet at 50yds. 24.3mm is about 1″. i want a die for swagging my own.

dnc
    Participant

lol. I didn’t even notice the shot string. nvm

bodhisdad
    Participant

I have heard the same about pellet design but his numbers are up there for a 50g projectile and the accuracy speaks for its self. I’m thinking .22, .25 cal and 40-50g Air bullets. Bet they do wll with the AF crowd. Alot of guys be upgrading to .25 and custom valves. 50g bullet would be fine for coyote. could you imagine a head shot on a squirel 😯 what head 😆 .

garytex
    Participant
    quote Bodhisdad:

quote knifemaker:

Mike

Be that as it may, boony is experienced in longrange shooting and been around awhile. His pic is from 50yds and i’d say those are some nice groups. To tell you the truth it looks like a better design then the piledriver pellets which were a MF’er to fit in the end of the barrel, 30g oval dealers of death, but had heard of some accuracy issues.

Emouse posted something similar to what you just said on airgun advice, he knows his designs of pellets and bullets, but a pic is worth a thousand designs and those aren’t bad groups for a 50g airbullet at 50yds. 24.3mm is about 1″. i want a die for swagging my own.

I searched B. B. Peltier’s Blog over at Pyramid air for “solid pellets”, and found a couple of very interesting articles regarding same. Definitly a worthwhile read.

to Knifemaker: Our barrels will stabilize bullet type projs.
    .22lr stabilizes as slow as 1 turn in 16″ which i think we have 1 in 14″
    The proof is in the pudding. Look at Boondock’s targets. Except for a spot where the paper tore between holes, all the holes are round, with no keyholing, so the bullets are flying snoot first. They are stable which is pretty damn amazing for that 50 grainer.

Bodhisdad:

The chief wolf from Corbin immediatly responded to my e-mail regarding bulletmakers and also was pushing a die that swages pellets which look exactly like the airbullets, so I think your desire for a die can be instantly cured for about $280. And I will line up to buy at least one tin of pellets, lots more if they will shoot. I believe our “.22” cal barrels are really around .2165, and I have also seen .218 bandied about. I would slug or get someone to slug my bore before ordering the die.

dnc
    Participant

Someone seriously needs to make a 60 grain .25 airbullet. That would be AMAZING.

voltar-1
    Participant

I have the goods to make .25 bullets. in 40 grains they shot well
    will try and get a pic or two for you of heavy ones.
    May have to make some to send to RandyHub to test.
    Walter….

dnc
    Participant

Voltar. Do you have the equipment to make 9mm bullets? Or do you know a good place online to buy them? I looked at midway, but theirs didn’t look too good, and the smallest amount I could buy was 500.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.