Q:

Extended cocking period and air pressure

Does anybody have any thoughts on whether the air pressure varies and the Talon SS has been cocked for from several hours to a day.

The problem is I cannot shoot this squirrel from my door because as soon as I open the door the he runs, so now I am shooting from a window.
The distance is 25 yards typically and I can hit a golf ball at that distance.
I still need to send it to Anthony266 to get it tuned. When the squirrel comes back again it might be 2-8 hours before I see him again and when I shoot him I miss and I think it because my accuracy is off due to lower air pressure.

Anybody have any thoughts on that?

I hope you guys aren’t laughing because I missed.

General Chat

All Replies

Viewing 16 replies (of 16 total)

1 2

leaving the gun cocked for a few hours shouldnt cause a problem and the pressure should stay the same unless theres a leak. Temperature change can cause a pressure change but that shouldnt make much of a difference if any at just 25 yards.

Why do you keep the gun cocked? You can have the gun with a pellet in the barrel and uncock the gun if you dont want to load a shot. After you cock and load the pellet just hold the breech forward and pull the trigger and let the breech come back slowly and it will be uncocked. Then just cock it and its ready.

I’d suggest sticking a box/target out there, shoot a few shots into the box and then wait a few hours and shoot some more and see what happens.

Viewing 16 replies (of 16 total)

1 2
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.