Q:

Extended cocking period and air pressure

Does anybody have any thoughts on whether the air pressure varies and the Talon SS has been cocked for from several hours to a day.

The problem is I cannot shoot this squirrel from my door because as soon as I open the door the he runs, so now I am shooting from a window.
The distance is 25 yards typically and I can hit a golf ball at that distance.
I still need to send it to Anthony266 to get it tuned. When the squirrel comes back again it might be 2-8 hours before I see him again and when I shoot him I miss and I think it because my accuracy is off due to lower air pressure.

Anybody have any thoughts on that?

I hope you guys aren’t laughing because I missed.

General Chat

All Replies

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

1 2

Lets start with the troubleshooting…

Check for tightness. Do not over tighten.
Scope Rings
Scope Mount
Mount to rifle
Barrel bushings to barrel
Barrel bushings to frame
Tophat
Tank to frame collar.

Clean your barrel, brand new barrels are dirty.

Clipping.
Do you have sound suppressing internals?
Check your endcap for signs too.

Lube your breech orings with divers silicone.

Fill to 2800 PSI Pw on 7-9

Good luck
Tony

.22 caliber Kodiaks

Something is very wrong….
At 25 yards your target should be a small cluster of holes.
Thats with slight wind and or rain.
What pellets are you using?

Well, I went out and shot about 50 rounds and while I did hit the bulls eye severl times at 25 yards my consistency was about the size of an orange.

In the past, it was about the size of a golf ball. It for sure was a cold day and slightly windy but I do not think it should have impacted it that much.

It seems like I was chasing the show with the scope adjustment and just about the time I thought it was getting better it would change. The reticule looks level but I may need to get a scope level just to be sure.

When it decides to quite raining in Texas I will try it again.

At this point, I am not sure what is going on. FYI – My scope is a Leapers 6-24X by 56mm.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for those suggestions. I actually have my Harris bipod on the foregrip and the bipod is down and resting on the window sill.

I like the peanut butter on the cracker trick…..Get Smart…….Missed it by that much. 😀

Have a great Thanksgiving!

quote :

I heard they called it the Lemon Party…. 😆

Whatever they call it I think it helped the 3 word story 😆

ok I’m back to topic, is the window on the same floor?

quote TeflonTron:

quote Anthony266:

quote :

Another trick is to spread peanut butter on a cracker then stick the cracker to a tree. The squirrel will be forced to eat the cracker in place. Even if he gets the cracker he will come back to lick the peanut butter stuck to the tree. The tree makes a good backstop and the squirrels will end up right where you want them to be.

Very good idea Sac….
Will give that one a try.

I heard of another story involving a cracker and a circle of guys around it.

Don, Denskin and Benp, right?

I heard they called it the Lemon Party…. 😆

quote synopsys:

quote WalkonKing:

Resting the end of the gun on the window sill can through off accuracy.

Would a BiPod do the same thing….! 😕

It does when it is mounted at the end of the frame. It is better to mount the bipod on the foregrip or as close as possible.

quote Anthony266:

quote :

Another trick is to spread peanut butter on a cracker then stick the cracker to a tree. The squirrel will be forced to eat the cracker in place. Even if he gets the cracker he will come back to lick the peanut butter stuck to the tree. The tree makes a good backstop and the squirrels will end up right where you want them to be.

Very good idea Sac….

Don, Denskin and Benp, right?

quote WalkonKing:

Resting the end of the gun on the window sill can through off accuracy.

Would a BiPod do the same thing….! 😕

Hahahahahaaaaa,Hahahahahaaa…..Sorry I was laughing at something else not you I swear 🙄

So, you are shooting from a window? Are you resting your gun directly on the window sill? If you are stop it. Resting the end of the gun on the window sill can through off accuracy. Also make sure your scopes parrallax setting is dead on at the range you are shooting.

And if you really want to shoot him. Put a big gopher trap out there and when he trips it you can shoot his little corpse all you want 😈 Just kidding for those who have no sense of humor….. 😛

quote :

Very good idea Sac….

Dammit YN…

Beat me by 8 minutes

Hahahaha…

You missed.

Seriously J,
Unless your tank is leaking, fill to 2800psi.
Leaving your rifle cocked should have no effect on it.

Recreate your shooting senario with a piece of cardboard with a 1/2” dot on it exactly where Mr. Grey is hanging out. Shoot the target just as if you are shooting him. Take note where your rifle is hitting. Keep your reticle level.

Learn how your rifle shoots, follow through with your shot, keep the crosshairs on the target a second after the gun fires.

Keep Mr. Grey busy with the bait. Peanut butter on a pine cone. Make him work for it to keep him still.

Practice, that’s the fun part.

Good Luck
Tony

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

1 2
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.