Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

Escape SS

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  back40rob 6 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

vtmactech

Tell me if I’m looking at this wrong. I’m considering the Escape SS and looking at it as a TalonP with sound moderation. Money wise I would be better off with a TalonP and buying a moderator and stock, but I like the idea of the factory sound-loc being “factory installed” not me adding a “silencer”.

Either way I’m planning on putting it in a more traditional stock once I finish the design. The smaller tank works better with the designs I’m drawing up.

More questions.

The tanks/valves for TalonP and Escape are identical?

Are the valves interchangeable with larger AF tanks?

I’ll have more questions as answers roll in.

Thanks

quote vtmactech:

The tanks/valves for TalonP and Escape are identical?

No, but close and easy to change.

quote :

Are the valves interchangeable with larger AF tanks?

No.

I think this would work tethered to a small remote (guppy?)

I think a 24″ barrel is overkill for most folks. The power is mostly useless, even if shotcount was boosted somehow. The shorter SS barrel oughta make plenty power for commercial ammo. Talon Tunes uses SoundLok internals and a six inch TT moderator on top of factory SoundLok is silent at 98fpe in a Condor SS.

John

on-the-edge

The TP and Escape valves are identical. These valves will not fit the standard tanks, but you can change the 13CI tank for a 22CI tank. It is the same diameter, but almost twice as long.

I have an old TSS that I am planning on installing a TP valve with a 22CI tank and a 16 inch .25 barrel. That will give me most of the benifits of a longer barrel and still leave a little room to do something to take the edge off the muzzle blast without lengthening it. I hope to get my hands on a RAP4 AR style stock. It fits these tanks and looks good.

back40rob

I did this with the talonp a while back. It has a 18″ barrel and 22ci bottle w/ rap4 AR stock. Next I will do another bottle set up for a regulated talonp.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar