Edgun R5M Degassing Tool

Home Forums BullPups EdGun Edgun R5M Degassing Tool

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nugria
    Participant

Hi All,

I’m back.  Based on the view count I’m the only one on this forum 🙂

I’ve a few Edguns based on the R5M platform.  I find them very easy to adjust w/o getting into trouble.  One aspect that had me concerned is the bleed screw/ball to dump the reservoir.  I don’t want to make that excessively tight for fear of damage and we all knows when it is not tight enough.  What was missing is a degassing tool.

Looked at the shot valve on the back of the reservoir.  Hmmm.  I then made a clamp that fits over the cylindrical portion of the end plug with a threaded “pusher” aligned with the valve stem.  Just clamp it to the end plug and very (very) slowly turn in the pusher against the valve stem opening the shot valve.  Reservoir is dumped w/o having to mess with that screw/ball.  It only tempts leaks!

If anyone ever views this thread I’ll bother to take some photos and post them.

Enjoy,

Nugria

steamburn
    Participant

Nutria,

Yes, I’m inerested.

It is a major pain to degas my AA Talon when adjusting or getting to service the valve.

Please post pics.

Thanks

Nugria
    Participant

Hi Steamburn,

I’ll get the pics within 48 hours.  Have a match today and just stopped by TT.  Seems nobody comes here much anymore.  The degassing tool I use on the Ed R5M makes it very easy to do work in the HPA section of the guns.   I hate that little ball bearing.  It either leaks or I fear overtightening.  Neither is much fun.

Nugria

ps. Nutria are those big rats.  I’m just spelled backwards 🙂

Nugria
    Participant

Here goes,

The “clamp” on the end shown goes over the valve end of the air tube for the Edgun.  Just clamp gently.  Then there is a nut on the 1/4-20 bolt that comes in from the far end.  Just s l o w l y turn the bolt and the air comes out of the reservoir.  The bolt pushes on the firing valve to just crack it open.  Works great and you don’t have to worry about the ball bearing being a leak source on assembly.

Enjoy,

Nugria

CIMG2219

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by Nugria.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.