Skip to toolbar
Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

Early Talon SS Upgraded

Home Forums General TAF Gallery Early Talon SS Upgraded

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    balllistic
    Participant

I ordered my .22 Talon SS ser# BS0046x from Yvette on the spot at the 2002 SHOT Show. It’s always been a tack driver and has been stock until recently with the addition of TT shroud, which is deadly quiet. The loudest part of the gun is now the orignal style valve, so my TSS definitely needs some TTT TLC (power mod, o-ring mod, hammer slap mod).

Scope is a BSA 4-14X44AO/IR Mil-Dot which came out that year.

I’d be curious to hear from any other TSS owners with a ser # under 500 ;).

riffraff
    Participant

Neither of my frames even have a serial #.

If they did, I don’t know where they were or what happened to them.

balllistic
    Participant

After some TAG upgrades:

TTTA
    TT Tank with tuned, polished, power & o-ring modded valve
    TT custom brass hammer
    TT fluted breech with hammer slap mod & 90 durometer o-rings
    WokGard 15 with Ergo Suregrip
    WokButt
    WalkonKing custom trigger shoe

I finally ditched the crappy AF bipod and picked up a lightly used Caldwell bipod from member mywifeboughtit in the For Sale section. For the ultimate bipod frame adapter, I contacted Marmot_Militia for one of his bipod adapters and am eagerly awaiting its arrival.

The first time I shot it with the new tank & valve from Tony, I giggled out loud at how powerful yet quiet it is. When it comes to tuning, Tony is the man!

The aesthetic, ergonomic, & handling upgrades of the TTTA, WokGard15, WokButt, and Walkon_King custom trigger shoe turned my stock Talon SS into a great handling rifle that is more comfortable to shoot. The design, machining, fit & finish of all of the custom parts by Adam aka Walkon_King are of the highest quality and match the finish of the Airforce factory anodizing. Tony’s TTTA has been a long time in the making based on a conversation I had with him, but it’s finally here and it came out awesome.

Adam, Jim and Tony not only make great custom parts, but they’re all a pleasure to do business with.

The end result is a deadly accurate, backyard & neighborhood friendly, extremely quiet rifle that has been optimized for pesting. My Talon SS is now worthy of better optics and that will be remedied soon.

wolfeman
    Participant

Incredible rifle ballistic. Your before and after pictures are awesome. Great job…….

hoot
    Participant

Cover that QD fitting with a grease zerk nipple, or a push cap nut, either available at an automotive store, or a hardware store.

They are simply supple silicone push on caps that are held in place by friction. They come in all colors and dress up that wide open QD male fitting.

If you can’t find one in black, simply go over it with a permanent black marker and it will stay black and match up with everything else you have going on.

And…it even serves a purpose, keeping particles out of your air tank.

Regards,

H 😯 😯 T

balllistic
    Participant
    quote wolfeman:

Incredible rifle ballistic. Your before and after pictures are awesome. Great job…….

Thanks wolfeman! Now I have the itch for a .25 Condor build.

quote Hoot:

Cover that QD fitting with a grease zerk nipple, or a push cap nut, either available at an automotive store, or a hardware store.

They are simply supple silicone push on caps that are held in place by friction. They come in all colors and dress up that wide open QD male fitting.

If you can’t find one in black, simply go over it with a permanent black marker and it will stay black and match up with everything else you have going on.

And…it even serves a purpose, keeping particles out of your air tank.

Regards,

H 😯 😯 T

Will do Hoot, thanks for the info. Covering nipples is counterintuitive.

benneeb0y
    Participant

hehe… he said nipples

nice gun!

balllistic
    Participant

Got my nipple covered 😉 $7 for a bunch of Holly vacuum hose caps from Amazon.com.

balllistic
    Participant

Reviving this old thread. I started shooting my TSS again recently after a hiatus and installed a Sound-Loc system to take the sound down another notch. Works very well with my TT 6″ LDC. I had to remove the old style delrin bushings with a rubber mallet. I also vented the frame under the front handguard.

anthony266

Great job….on an old thread….looks great!
    Tony

balllistic
    Participant

Thanks Tony! I still smile every time I shoot it. Your mods really transformed this gun and turned it into a stealthy tack driver. :4:

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.