Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

Early 2014 Omega Super Charger

Home Forums General Compressors, tanks and pumps Early 2014 Omega Super Charger

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  gku 1 year ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

secoda
    Participant

I just topped off my two 44 cu ft tanks from about 2500 psi up to 4500 psi and remembered that this compressor has performed flawlessly and it will be five years next February. The only thing I have done to it is to keep the pump lubed through the normal fitting and I added a little coolant a few times but very little. I may have raised the water level half an inch over the entire time.

Since I am the only user the hour meter is pretty low at 62 hours. I have not touched the pump or anything for that matter. Never changed an oring, etc.. I certainly wouldn’t want anything with a higher capacity. It fills fast enough for me. (about an hour to top off one 44 cu ft tank) I had a Shoebox before this and it was constant maintenance by comparison. My Omega has had a perfect record.

It is sure nice to have your own air whenever you need it. Before compressors the firehouse would fill my tanks for free about two miles down the road but it was still a pain to go bother them.

gku

How sweet it is … I bough mine back in June 2015 and love it, it has been functioning flawlessly since then too.
    I never had to add any additional coolant yet but just need to do the required lube, 2 complete turns every 4 hours of operation.
    I also check the brass transmission thumb screw which has a magnet on the tip end to catch metal filings and clean it off every year or so.
    My meter reads about the same as yours Coda, ~78 hours.
    I’ve been filling my old shooting buddy’s Great White also in exchange he drives us to the farms for pesting.

To top my 75 cubic from 220 bar to 310 bar it takes 70 minutes and it’s fast enough for me too.

I started filling by connecting and opening all the values and releasing the tanks pressure then staring the compressor up to top fill.
    Years back I started a different fill procedure, it’s a bit less stressful on the compressor I think ?
    Connecting and opening all the values except the tanks.
    Start up the compressor and let it fill the line close to the tanks present pressure, then open the tanks valve and let it top fill.

Here’s Donny’s review post for those who may need more info on the Omega SC.
    http://talonairgun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=30238

~ Aloha, Greg

secoda
    Participant

I charge up the line to the tank pressure (using the Omega shutoff gauge) before opening the tank valve while it is running. Then there is no change in the pump or high load added. That actually came from the manufacturer. :winkn:

I filled another’s tank for about a year since there is so much capacity.

gku

Yah, in the beginning it was this guy that taught me the wrong way …….. :biggrinn:

… wondering if Donny still using his ?

~ Greg

secoda
    Participant

On the technique I use the pump doesn’t ever have a hard initial startup but you have to sit there maybe two minutes for it to pressurize up the line and the dryer I use.

Last time I spoke to Donny he wasn’t shooting much if at all. He stays busy making $$. :biggrinn:

quote GKU:

Yah, it was this guy that taught me the wrong way …….. :biggrinn:

… wondering if Donny still using his ?

~ Greg

gku

He told me the same ………
    But he just got a new 25 cal FX Crown, must be just for R&D for a new LDC ? :rofl: … richness has its perks !

~ Greg

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar