Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

Doing some o-ring maintenance today, needed a gauge removal tool.

Home Forums BullPups Kalibrgun Doing some o-ring maintenance today, needed a gauge removal tool.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ridetoeat
    Participant

To the tool room people among us I have to admit this took me like 3 hours to make the needed socket, pretty tedious for a hobby machinist. Used carbide in the lathe down to the point it broke out into 6 fingers and used an angle grinder to remove the last .020″. Now I got my gauge out and it seems to have some kind of a non o-ring type seal, maybe a hard nylon type deal. Has anyone ever had to source this seal or know how to deal with it in particular.

EDIT: picture too large to post directly, will try to shrink or host it and update later but you guys have all seen the funky custom sockets required to remove the gauge before.

miksatx
    Participant

I had to hit the socket I bought with my torch till it was cherry red for 10 mins. Before I could turn it down. Did mine last month.

miksatx
    Participant

Mine.

Attachments:
    ridetoeat
    Participant

Here is mine,Worked great but I will clean it up a bit and put it on the shelf.

bogman
    Participant

Sorry I didn’t see this sooner. If I recall, my gauge was leaking and the hard plastic seal was the problem. Pretty certain I used a 70 duro o ring, though a 90 duro would possibly be even better. John Hagan made my removal tool, no shop here.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar