Q:

Different JSB Pellets?

I went to the range today. I wasn’t trying for good groups, just playing around. I tried a couple of 100 yard groups. The first one measured 1.552, the tin was about empty so, I thought that I would try a 10 shot group. After 10 shots, I still had a few left over and decided to shoot them out. 23 shots went into a 1.984″ group. I thought that I would open a new tin and shoot 3 more shots. All three shots grouped to the left and opened the group up from 1.984 to 2.595″!

I was down to about 2000 psi and my reg is set at around 1650 so, the reg wasn’t messing me up. I refilled and shot seven more groups. All of them shot to the left of my zero. On group 6, I adjusted the windage a little and then gave it a little more for group 7. I was getting too dark to shoot any more.

I could be missing something but, It seems that pellets, from the different labeled JSB tins, have a different poi. The barrel had been given a through cleaning about 80-100 shots ago. The only variables were the pellets and a fresh charge.

I just got 12 tins in from Pyramid Air and that shipment had 2 of the differently labeled tins in it. I have one left and will have to do some more testing. The pellets, from last tin that I have left, are shinier that the others. My Starrett calipers measures them to be the same height and dia.

BullPup General Chat

All Replies

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)

1 2 3 4

Its about 5 Bar for every 30 degrees, mine is tuned down all the way to 115Bar i think. That should be enought to give you 950 FPS with the JSB 25.4 gr pellets. i am getting more then 60 shots too.

quote Naser404:

Okay so here is the reg.

Its set at 155Bar, since im going to be shooting JSB 25 grains what setting do you reccommend to set at ? 130 Bar ?

Also “roughly” how many turns do i need clockwise to get around that figure ?

Is it that top flat screw that i need to turn ?

Hi Naser

Just to ask you if you all ready got your regulator set at 130 bar? If so, every time you turn it clockwise to decrees the bar the first turn was of 1/4 or 3/8 of a turn? How many turns did you do to reach the 130 bars?
I’m in the same process of turn down my regulator at 130 Bar of my .25 matador, and want to know from your experience to do the same.
Thank you for your help
Regards

Sweet good ol Joe!

quote benneeb0y:

hey dvu0704 those are some nice targets!

Thanks bud, I use that target to test all my guns 😆

That target is free, download it from the link below and print it on heavy paper, hang it up and shoot it 😆

code :http://www.hamcontact.com/airgun/HoseAssembly/target-x-small_small.jpg

hey dvu0704 those are some nice targets!

This is the video I watched to figure out how to disassemble and reassemble
the rifle Jumetrog..

Guys

Where can I see a video or something to see How can I reach the Reg?

1/4 to 3/8 turn clockwise to start… Make sure you mark your starting point
clearly before… It may take a few tries to get it so be patient and beware of
pinch points on the orings of the regulator and air valve housing when
reassembling….

The top screw is the holder, it has left thread, it fixes the nozzle from unscrewing, the nozzle has the right thread. So, you have to remove the holder by unscrewing it (clockwise), then you will see the nozzle with slot for screwdriver. If you revolve it clockwise you decrease the pressure behind the reg, if you revolve it anticlockwise you increase the pressure. There is not exact number of turns for exact number of bars, so I just can say it is about 3-5 bar for every 30 degrees of turning. But I have to warn you, you make it on your own risk, most likely the reg will survive but there is a chance you will kill it 🙂 Hope you will not!

Ed

Okay so here is the reg.

Its set at 155Bar, since im going to be shooting JSB 25 grains what setting do you reccommend to set at ? 130 Bar ?

Also “roughly” how many turns do i need clockwise to get around that figure ?

Is it that top flat screw that i need to turn ?

Jumetrog, I was going to post but, didn’t. Then Jeff chimed in and I couldn’t take it any longer! 😆

If you have any JSB 25.4s, try them. My gun shot them better, at any setting, that the Barracudas or the Eunjins.

You will not be able to lower the speed too much more by adjusting the hammer spring tension. Like Jeff said, the adjuster will just fall out. I tried using my .22 caliber’s adjuster and it didn’t help much. The adjuster, from the .22 is longer and can be backed out more but, when it is backed out more, the hammer doesn’t have enough energy to open the air valve consistently and the fps are all over the place.

Ed doesn’t recommend it but, I would bet dollars to doughnuts that, if you want the best accuracy, you will have to adjust the regulator down. It is not that hard to do and gets easier every time you do it. For me, the worst part is the air that I have to waist. I don’t have a compressor, yet!

If you do decide to adjust the reg, only turn it a 1/4 turn clockwise, or less at a time. Yes, I said clockwise, the reg adjuster has reverse threads. If you have any questions, just ask!

No sorted pellets and wind, but definitely it was the speed and the pellets. hope if the time come and I have to move the reg. I can get some help from you. I’m moving right now the spring hammer to -1/4 turn. tomorrow will continue with this test. I do some hunting today, but at long distance nothing to do.

Sorry to hear it Jumetrog, looks like we will all have similar results..

Today I shot a 52 yards to sight, and to see accuracy with Baracudas. Definitely to much speed! 😥 +2 inches groups! I have to turn down the velocity! I’ll try 950 fps to see the results. has you said Mam “welcome to the world of never satisfied”.

quote Jumetrog:

Ted, Mam
The group in that speed was sub 1/2 inch at 30 yards.

If you tune it down to approximate 950 FPS, you will get 1/4 group @ 50 to 60 yards.

Below is my 30 yard shots from Matador .22 cal long version by using the 18.1 grain pellet.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)

1 2 3 4
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.