Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

Diana… my ass

Home Forums BullPups P12 Diana… my ass

This topic contains 14 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  rusty-c 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

kris
    Participant

HAM Exclusive! New Diana Skyhawk Bullpup PCP To Be Launched At 2018 SHOT Show

but the stock improved finally

i like it very much.

miksatx
    Participant

I wonder if they have German barrels? Gotta say the stocks are better looking.

bogman

I don’t get it; these are not made by Diana?

miksatx
    Participant

I have a AirMax p15 .25 from Mrodair it’s the same metal. The Diana outlaw = AirMax Dominator Diana storm rider = AirMax Varmit PCP. All Diana stuff rebadged SPA airguns.

kris
    Participant

Minelli stock will cost i am sure, but it should be still cheaper than the other brands.
    that is when the distrubutors dont overdo with the margins.

miksatx
    Participant

The Minelli stocks are a really nice touch, going to make them pricey I bet. I spent $400 on my P15 getting it to my liking. New barrel, new regulator. The oem barrel on the .25 not choked and was pretty iffy on 15 yard shots.

quote bogman:

I don’t get it; these are not made by Diana?

Hell no !!!!

Diana is taking over the SPA PCPs and rebranding them.

iride
    Participant

Wow. I am confused on this one, Is this good, Bad
    cheaper , more expensive ,
    The china stuff is getting pretty good , but I am not up to date on the Diana either,
    Mike

bogman

According to a Hard Air article, Diana’s sales manager claimed:

“In fact, the Diana Stormrider is a new venture for the famous German manufacturer in more ways than one. Not only is it a new multi-shot PCP air rifle retailing for less than $200.00, it also is part of a new branding strategy by Diana.

The Diana Stormrider is the first product in Diana’s “Action Line”, a range of entry-level products which are manufactured in countries outside Germany. “Action Line” products are differentiated in this way from Diana’s “Performance Line” products, which continue to be manufactured in Germany.

Tobias was very open that the new Diana Stormrider is manufactured in China. It’s no secret, he says. But he also explained how and where Diana is adding value to the product, providing improvements that capitalize on the company’s long history of manufacturing quality airguns.

As part of this, the Stormrider design has been required to pass stringent in-house testing by Diana and to satisfy the company’s Quality Assurance standards.

Diana personnel have visited the manufacturing factory, running a battery of quality tests and checks. Tobias tells me that this – together with ongoing future visits – will ensure consistent product quality for the Diana Stormrider.

And Diana also brings other benefits to the table. Tobias explained that the Diana Stormrider will have improved packaging – a very important issue to ensure that your new gun reaches you in perfect condition.”

Now, those of us who’ve owned the “real” Dianas (I’ve got a model 48) know they’re quality German craftsmanship all the way. It SOUNDS like the rebranding will also include some improvements and the most important: visiting the factory and making sure the Chinese do not do what is often true-cut corners when the companies aren’t looking. That was one of Ed’s comments and it has been echoed elsewhere.

Only time will tell if the German company can improve these, while keeping the cost down. I have great faith in German engineers, not much faith in Chinese manufacturing.

iride
    Participant

So the Diana is a Chinese build gun?
    I myself have tried to stayed away from the Chinese built guns, I do think they are fast learners but as of now they are not up to par with the rest of the world on quality of the build.
    Just give it a few years and we may be talking a different tune.
    Mike

bogman

RWS/Diana, along with Weirauch are all setting up production facilities in China. However, certain models are still being made in Germany.

I’ve been looking at the Weirauch HW100, in .177 or .22 http://www.airgunsofarizona.com/precharged-pcp/weihrauch-hw100-sporter-with-moderator/, which is being made in Germany, so far. It’s got some good reviews: http://hardairmagazine.com/reviews/weihrauch-hw100-pcp-air-rifle-test-review-177-caliber/

A similar Beeman model is Chinese. Like many firms, they’re going to look at profits and adjust. You’ll need to read or ask about specific models. With Diana, there may not be any German-made models which are not springers :sadn:

iride
    Participant

I been watching the new Diana bull pup , From what I read the Germans have been watching the build of the guns and testing for quality control of the guns being made, Diana is leaning on the china to build a better product.
    So I do not think I would give upon this bull Pup as junk, ( Kral Arms) With the Germans looking over there shoulder I just hope the bull Pup is a winner, I hope,
    Mike

roachcreek

I just preordered one in 22 from PA. 650 bucks.

bogman
    quote roachcreek:

I just preordered one in 22 from PA. 650 bucks.

Nice! Looking forward to your comments on how well it’s built. I’ve got three German-made air guns, two springers and a HW100. All are top-notch manufacture. For $650.00, it sounds like it could be high-quality production and assembled economically.

Are these things subject to the import tariffs?

rusty-c

I’d like to be able to get ahold of one of the stocks. Darn sight better looking than the old Beechwood stock on the P12

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar