Q:

dauuuum

yay….got my .25 vulcan g4 from talon tunes….and man this thing is accurate…well once im out of the equation, cause high scope and shortness of it all means in swaying more than with my heavier cRapid .25 and makes it hard to get on target…but i chalk it up to learning the rifle thats all

i was worried about the relatively low power in .25 i mean 43-44 fpe this caliper should be doing about 50 imho….let me get back to that in a second…..accuracy is best around 900 fps give or take 30-50 fps…i understand, and this rifle, well it took me less than a magazine to have it zeroed at 22y….second mag was used to ensure i was dead on…including shooting at a knot in a tree 47y away….dead center….perfect….

heard some crows 80y 16 deg up….checked in with chairgun….5.5″ drop….ok hold over 5.5″ let it fly….and crow keeled over backwards…DAAAAUUMMMM

some more shooting in the yard at varius distances…learning….i got some wood piles that usually used for backstop. with my other rifles i rarely have a ricochet very rarely. but this rifle did it like every third shot or so…wtf….my crapid .25 feeds on kodiaks and crowmagnums, the aa410 likes 16grain jsb the talon SS .22 likes jsb as well…benjamin nitro piston something .177 likes premiers….between all those guns….same target..same spot i shoot from…and only rarely is there ricochet…..but the vulcan + jsb 25grain…its happening all the time….i suppose this is where a bit more power would come in handy, to either completely flatten the pellet or simply penetrate into the wood pile.

on to today…popped a squirrel….with jsb 25g…happy to see pellet strike where i wanted…unhappy to hear a thud from the pellet impacting something in the neighborhood..theres a 6 feet brick wall, and it sat on the wood pile 3 feet up in front of said wall, pellet zipped through and ricochet ….hmm have to rethink angles etc….

well lets end on a happy note….my crowmagnums at 15-22y hits exactly like the jsb does, these pellets tend to deposit a little more energy :whistle: accuracy aint the best, but within the yard they will get the job done….if i was hunting anywhere else i would using jsb 25gr

anyway, i really like this gun, it short, almost silent….accurate

no pic of the crow as it dropped in an inaccessible area and wasnt recovered

squirrel on the other hand was a big fat one

Airgun Technology
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.