Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

Crossman Custom 1300KT

Home Forums Other Guns Springers Crossman Custom 1300KT

This topic contains 33 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  birdman 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author

birdman
    Participant

bogman , it requires some one with machining skills : (1) replace plastic piston with one made from 3030 aluminum grade tubing ,
    (2) replace hammer spring with a heavier hammer spring (that’s the easy part) , (3) replace the plastic piston cup with a harder
    cup made from aluminum , (4) machine down the cone point of the valve until flat just above the o-ring and enlarge the port hole
    on the valve so a Boss 25 % increase port can be inserted . I do not have the skills to make these mods , will need to find some one
    who knows how to work on this type of mods for this gun . I’ve been looking around and it seems like all of the Old Timers that did
    mods have given up working on this gun or have passed away . All I can do for now is to keep on searching and just enjoy shooting
    this little shooter as-is . So far with-in 10 yards I have killed 2 pigeons on my daughters’ roof . :4:

bogman

You might try posting a “wantedโ€ฆ” in the Machinist section of this forum. Can’t hurt. There are some talented folks lurking around TAG.

birdman
    Participant

bogman , found the right contact for the upgrades needed to increase my ftp’s on my Crosman Pump Carbine . Alchemy AirWerks for Crosman
    custom up-grade parts . Found out that the flat valve was for the CO2 carbine and that the Boss +25% transfer port really wasn’t needed for
    a 14.5″ barrel gun , only if I had a 24″ barrel . Ordered a round nose valve that has the port vent drilled out for my type of gun which will work
    with my stock piston and add about 115 ftp’s alone . Also have on order a Magnum hammer spring , really won’t know how much total ftp’s both
    up-grades will do to my gun until installed and chronied . Ordered extra butt stock and forearm pump grip , going to try to see if I can modify
    these two components to conform to the design that I really want my gun to operate and look like . If one or both work out , Alchemy AirWerks
    said that they would like me to send them a picture and then go from there . Also , because this gun uses a valve with compressed air just like
    the higher air compressed PCP guns I’am going to put an LDC on it , which should help with any gun report . I bought a longer bolt from Magnum
    Airpower and it really made a big difference in pellet cycling from the small stock bolt that Crosman puts on their gun . With so many ways that
    others have improved this gun , I wonder why Crosman just sits on their ass and still just puts out the same so-so product ? If they installed these
    up-grades themselves they would have a much better product to sell to the public and sell a better gun for pesting . :whistle: :whistle:

bogman

Cool! That’s quite the lineup of mods. It’d be good to hear the final report, when it’s done.

If Crosman powered up their guns, they’d appeal to the hunters and pesters, but I’m guessing their main market is to plinkers and back yard target shooters. They could offer different versions/setups, but that’d cost ’em.

birdman
    Participant

UP-DATE : Replaced the plastic Crosmans’ butt stock with a modified ACE ARFX/ARFX-E AR 15/M16 Skeleton Stock , also made it
    Telescopic so now I can make my stock 1/2″ longer and 2 1/4″ shorter than the original plastic stock . It really makes shooting this
    gun much more enjoyable and comfortable when shoulder . Talked to Donny and he is going to make me an adapter for his TATSU
    which will be another mod for my little shooter . Have new mod valve and magnum hammer spring which I will be installing soon .
    As to day , I have taken out 15 pests including a crow at 15 yds . This little carbine is now my #1 close range pest eradicator . :5:

pb0201
    Participant

Hey any pics?

birdman
    Participant

UP-Date # 2 : Got Donny’s 11mm adapter and Tatsu for my little shooter , had to bore out the adapter to a true 11.1mm I.D. / 7/16 inch I.D. .
    Not a big deal to re-bore , adapter now fits perfect on the barrel . The Tatsu is a great little silencer and reduces my muzzle report to just a
    Puff and can hardly be heard 15 feet away , really has made my gun totally backyard friendly . My neighbors where in their backyard talking
    while I was shooting targets in my backyard and as I could hear them clearly they heard nothing and didn’t even know that I was shooting my
    gun until I told them . They were really surprised that they didn’t hear me shooting my gun . Another great silencer by Donny and since it
    works great on my Crossman pump it should work very well on the Crossman line of pump guns . :biggrinn: :biggrinn: :biggrinn:

Thanks Donny for a great silencer , FROM : THE BIRDMAN

pb0201
    Participant

Trying to do something similar. Any pics?

birdman
    Participant

Pb0201 , I don’t know how to post pictures on forum from my cell phone . PM me your e-mail or cell phone number and I’ll be happy to
    send you pictures of my set-up . ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜›

pb0201
    Participant

P.m. Sent thanks

birdman
    Participant

UP-Date # 3 : Replaced the (3/16″) forearm pumping lever pivot pin with a after market (7/32″) custom pivot pin . Bored out the 3/16″
    hole on the shroud to 7/32″ , the lever hole was already at 7/32″ . Why Crossman put 2 different size holes for attaching the pivot pin
    to the pumping lever I will never know . What I do know is that because they did it made pumping the gun very hard . Now that I have
    both holes the same 7/32″ size connecting the new 7/32″ pivot pin to the shroud and to the pumping lever it makes it 80% easier to pump .
    Now I really enjoy shooting my little shooter so much better , really hated having to pump this gun before I did this mod . Wish I had done
    this mod first before I put 500 pellets through it . Also , I have been given 2 empty EPI-PEN plastic containers , they will hold 250 pellets
    each . Might find them at Ebay or Amazon ? :biggrinn: :biggrinn: :biggrinn:

birdman
    Participant

UP-Date # 4 : Well after 4 months had my CP Multi-Tac Red Dot sight went bad , for some reason unknown after turning the sight off
    it lost its’ zero setting . Re-sighted it three times and turned it off and it would lose its’ zero . I called Crosman and told them the
    problem and they said just mail it back to them and they would send me a new one , it has a lifetime warranty . They said I could
    keep the battery and mounts so I kept the mounts on the gun so when the new sight arrives it will be just a quick drop-in and ready
    to zero-in with the heavier JSB 15.89 gr pellets . :biggrinn:

pb0201
    Participant

Man that’s well done.like I said going to do something similar.i can’t post pics or would share,but thanks for sharing yours.COOl!!!

birdman
    Participant

UP-DATE # 5 : My new CP Multi-Tac Red Dot sight came in today and since I left the original mounts on my gun it was a very easy and fast
    procedure in zeroing in the new sight with the JSB 15.89 gr pellets . Everything is now DEAD-ON and my little shooter GOTH is ready to
    dance with the first pest that shows up .
    Pb0201 glad you liked how I re-did my stock , it really fells better than the original plastic stock it came with and with donnyfl TATSU
    silencer and 11mm adapter with max pumping my gun is so quiet if you are 15 yards away you don’t hear it , now that is what I call quiet .

birdman
    Participant

UP-DATE # 6 : Replacement Center Point Red Dot scope from Crosman only lasted 5 days before it also suffered from the same problem
    of losing scope settings , was zeroed Dead-On at 15 yards , then started shooting 1 3/4 inches high and 1 inch to the left .
    Called Crosman told them I was sending it back and not to send me another one , instead just send me a refund and they
    said okay . Had a UTG compact 4×32 scope as a back-up , it turned out to be worthless as well , only lasted 3 days . So as
    a last resort I removed my 20 year old Bushnell 1×10 scope from my .22 rim fire squirrel rifle and put it on my 1300KT gun .
    Zeroed it at 15 yards and its works great , too bad Bushnell doesn’t make this scope anymore , I only paid $10.00 for it back
    then in the old days . So now I think I will look for a 2.5-10×40 or maybe a 4×32 scope for my squirrel gun . :4: :biggrinn:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar