Crosman has a new "Top Secret" PCP in the works

Home Forums Other Guns Other Guns Crosman has a new "Top Secret" PCP in the works

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

In response to the thread entitled “The next big thing in the AirForce world?” I’d like to suggest the topic of Crosman’s new “Top Secret PCP” which Josh from Crosman has indicated to be in development.

After the advent of the rather simplistic Discovery, perhaps this new “Top Secret PCP” will be delivered as a regulated multi-shot, bordering the quality of FX or AirArms pre-charged pneumatics at more of the Crosman price tag…

We can always dream, eh?

voltar-1
    Participant

rebadged BAM B50

my guess

rob3dr
    Participant
    quote Voltar_1:

rebadged BAM B50

my guess

I hope not…. We already have Ed Stack doing great work on the B50’s and selling tuned guns for less than many charge for untouched ones.

I’m hopeful that the new offering will be multishot and perhaps a bit nicer stock. They’ve already infiltrated the market of the casual airgunner with the Discovery…. the next logical step would be to give those a bit more ‘hard core’ something to sink their teeth into as well.

bikincrazy52
    Participant

And it better have a nice shroud.

bodhisdad
    Participant

Pistola would be nice

rob3dr
    Participant

A pistol would be nice, but seeing as they are just now tapping the PCP market and wanting to market to the masses, I doubt a pistol will be coming for some time… public perception, you know…

Besides, you figure, on average, the 2240 will give many more shots in the 450fps range on CO2 …in stock form… than a similarly sized PCP pistol shooting the same velocity.

I’m not saying I wouldnt like to see it, I’m just saying that I dont think at this point in their venture of marketing PCP’s that it would make economic sense to them as a business.

mig-rod
    Participant

I think you are right Rob, the 2240 is doing fine, if anything basically it is dominating the air pistol world right now.I feel that they are moving into LargeBore territory. They might be taking a shot at what ShingSung and Custom Daqs have been dominating for awhile now. Since they entered the PCP realm now, they might be coming out with a 45 or 50 cal to take down big game. Be interesting to see a 4560 rifle or 5060 rifle.

zombieheadhunter
    Participant
    quote airtight_python:

In response to the thread entitled “The next big thing in the AirForce world?” I’d like to suggest the topic of Crosman’s new “Top Secret PCP” which Josh from Crosman has indicated to be in development.

After the advent of the rather simplistic Discovery, perhaps this new “Top Secret PCP” will be delivered as a regulated multi-shot, bordering the quality of FX or AirArms pre-charged pneumatics at more of the Crosman price tag…

We can always dream, eh?

http://www.network54.com/Forum/275684/thread/1200683545/Crosman+currently+has+%26quot%3Bother+PCP+projects+in+various+stages+of+design%26quot%3B+per+Josh

http://www.network54.com/Forum/275684/thread/1200317052/It%27s+time+to+meet+the+Benjamin+Discovery—

Pistol is my guess…

mig-rod
    Participant

Unless Crosman is trying to confuse us and leave us guessing, it seems like it’s going to be a rifle. On the Crosman site it says “Top Secret PCP Rifle”.

butcher45
    Participant

I’m going to guess that they took the plunge, and built either;

1) a 50-60fpe .25

or

2) a 9mm

photo22
    Participant

That would mean they will be coming out with new pellets as well in .25 or 9mm. That would be sweet 😀

butcher45
    Participant
    quote photo22:

That would mean they will be coming out with new pellets as well in .25 or 9mm. That would be sweet 😀

Now that you mention the pellet thing I am betting they will be breaking out a .25 gun for their new pellets.

targeteer07
    Participant

.25 caliber Crosman premier!!!!!!!

pilgrim
    Participant

My guess is it is going to be an upgrade to the Discovery without having to worry as much about the price point. TG had mentioned a shroud and adjustable trigger on later models.

walkonking
    Participant

I want a Discovery BullPup!

That would be bitchin!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.