Q:

Cricket Tune

Ok Cricket owners looking for some advice, been in contact with the Guru and i’m going to have my Cricket .22 standard tuned. I will be shooting 18 & 16 grain JSB, and Polymags and metalmags. Two part question how is you’re Cricket setup of FPS/FPE/Pellet and why? I’ve seen research that proves that pellets perform better or worse with FPS settings for those whom have power adjustable rifles. Also seen recommendations for 880 Setup being a sweet spot. Talk to me TAG i’m shipping the gun tomorrow but I’ve got couple of days to get him the info. Looking for guidance.

Joe.

Kalibrgun

All Replies

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

1 2

That careless Bug Bum lifestyle … 😉

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2.

:rofl: …………Yes Sir Ville I hear you loud and clear…. too funny :8:

Well what’s a man suppose to do, sit around all day or go out shooting critters all day…………

Zonk

What ? He said that ?? I’ve never been abused that brutally before. Ever.
I told you he’s pure evil that Bug Bum …

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2.

quote Sir Ville:

quote Ginuwine:

Don’t Hate, if I could shoot all day long I would too. Especially at the lake (NICE). I shoot about an hour every day, been dialing in my s510 while Ernest is dilegnetly fine tuning my Cricket. The art of putting a 5.5 mm pellet on a target at 70 plus yards is a thing of beauty. :fishinghole: Can’t wait to see her work, he told me she had some issues but would get them worked out. Shit, i’m thinking she was already the best thing since sliced bread before, I can’t imagine her now. Yes I can, I’ve seen Zonks shot card at 70 yards. :1:

Unfortunately i´m one of those mean bastards who hates everyone and likes no one but himself. Zonkster is my long time nemesis on several international Airgun sites – an evil, evil Man. Our relation is somewhat equal to that of Batman´s (me) and The Joker´s (Zonk) epic love story. 😯
I despice his aloof Bug Bum lifestyle and damn it to hell. You hear me Zonkey ??

Sir Ville, I feel you’re pain about Zonk’s Bug Bum lifestyle I’m a little green with envy but all good things come in time. Hey I’m not one to spread rumors but I believe I’ve heard Zonkey as you affectionately call him refer to you’re relation more as Despicable Me where he is Gru and you’re his minion??? :rofl:
But he has lots of love for ya and you’re made skills on the bug.

quote Ginuwine:

Don’t Hate, if I could shoot all day long I would too. Especially at the lake (NICE). I shoot about an hour every day, been dialing in my s510 while Ernest is dilegnetly fine tuning my Cricket. The art of putting a 5.5 mm pellet on a target at 70 plus yards is a thing of beauty. :fishinghole: Can’t wait to see her work, he told me she had some issues but would get them worked out. Shit, i’m thinking she was already the best thing since sliced bread before, I can’t imagine her now. Yes I can, I’ve seen Zonks shot card at 70 yards. :1:

Unfortunately i´m one of those mean bastards who hates everyone and likes no one but himself. Zonkster is my long time nemesis on several international Airgun sites – an evil, evil Man. Our relation is somewhat equal to that of Batman´s (me) and The Joker´s (Zonk) epic love story. 😯
I despice his aloof Bug Bum lifestyle and damn it to hell. You hear me Zonkey ??

quote Ginuwine:

Yes I can, I’ve seen Zonks shot card at 70 yards. :1:

Yes indeed, did you see his varmint kills on the KalibrGun forum, gruesome at best ! 😯

~ GKU

lol

Get a life ! :fishinghole:
You´ve just created an Airgunning equivalent for those Surf/Beach Bums : A Bug Bum …

All I can say Jimmiez is you better buy lots of pellets because once you start shooting your cricket it’s hard to put down. I shoot mine EVERYDAY and all day long….

Zonk

That helps..And yes, the gun is very accurate. I never used a scope before and was hitting my target about 50 yards out almost every time with my first two mags.

He is talking about the way he set the regulator and the range it has by adjusting the HST which is the (hammer spring in the back). I really would not touch it. He probably has it set at the optimum velocity for the .25 JSB Kings (the pellet you want to use). That velocity is probably about 880-900 FPS. Just shoot the heck out of it for a thousand shots or so and enjoy. Then you can decide if you want to change something. His tunes are a work of art.

you can tell how new i am to all of this with the questions being asked…On Ernest Rowe tuner sheet he states that the FPS can be adjusted to 929 FPS
to 800 FPS with Kings. So, right now I am using what he tested the gun out with and that is the Kings 25.4…So what Kings will get me to 800 FPS? I am assuming if i target shoot with 800 FPS I should be more shots to the fill?

Thanks…

We really need a shot string with a chronograph but Ernest may remember. There are variables like FPS that make it difficult to compare to another gun w/o knowing. You can guesstimate when the gun falls off of the regulator by continuing to shoot until you hear a noticeable drop-off but a chrony is so much nicer.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

1 2
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.