Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

Cricket Shorty! – Kalibrgun Cricket Compact .22

Home Forums BullPups Kalibrgun Cricket Shorty! – Kalibrgun Cricket Compact .22

This topic contains 176 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  gku 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 177 total)
  • Author

cricket

Congratz on a nice pup! Since it is used it might already be very smooth. I simply took out the hammer, polished it to a mirror sheen and cleaned out some filthy oil. Then lubed with archoil AR8300 synthetic grease. I then did the same to most moving parts behind the cocking plate.

The trigger was so sweet I did not touch it.

The barrel has been polished for better accuracy etc.

So far I love it, will shoot some more this weekend. Have not even emptied one tin of pellets yet.

Oh, and sweet looking rifle!

sir-ville
    quote Cricket:

Congratz on a nice pup! Since it is used it might already be very smooth. I simply took out the hammer, polished it to a mirror sheen and cleaned out some filthy oil. Then lubed with archoil AR8300 synthetic grease. I then did the same to most moving parts behind the cocking plate.

The trigger was so sweet I did not touch it.

The barrel has been polished for better accuracy etc.

So far I love it, will shoot some more this weekend. Have not even emptied one tin of pellets yet.

Oh, and sweet looking rifle!

The damn trigger oughtta be sweet ! I wasted two hours of my valuable time to get it how i wanted it to be.

sir-ville
    quote Zonk:

Very nice setup. What a great group you shot. Looks like Ole Villdo did a great job on your gun. You can learn a lot from Ville, wish I was closer to him. I’d drink his beer…… :18:

You bastard ! You can eat my food , shoot my guns and borrow my wife but you can NOT drink my Beer !! Understood ?

zonk
    Participant

😥

cricket
    quote Sir Ville:

The damn trigger oughtta be sweet ! I wasted two hours of my valuable time to get it how i wanted it to be.

that was 2 hours well spent! The trigger is amazi g

drumsguns

First off…great shooting…second off, cool-ass compact, looks like a real keeper…… and thirdly….I grew up in Sweden and your forest pictures bring it all back. I spent all of my free time in the woods behind our house, in Lidingö with my Crosman Powermaster 760. The best of times…..albeit a looooong time ago. Thanks for the photos.
    And yes, I’m originally from TX and you don’t cozy up to a log in the forest there….but I remember that Sweden doesn’t have that problem…I just had to remember that when I went back to TX for a visit…then i had to start looking down for snakes again when I walked through the woods…

Cheers,

KP

cricket
    quote Drumsguns:

First off…great shooting…second off, cool-ass compact, looks like a real keeper…… and thirdly….I grew up in Sweden and your forest pictures bring it all back. I spent all of my free time in the woods behind our house, in Lidingö with my Crosman Powermaster 760. The best of times…..albeit a looooong time ago. Thanks for the photos.
    And yes, I’m originally from TX and you don’t cozy up to a log in the forest there….but I remember that Sweden doesn’t have that problem…I just had to remember that when I went back to TX for a visit…then i had to start looking down for snakes again when I walked through the woods…

Cheers,

KP

Wow, that is a great post! Thanks for sharing, it warmed my heart. That place is actually my old shooting place back when all I had was a Hatsan springer, check this old video out of mine https://youtu.be/8B651D0qgLE

I came back there recently an cleaned it up, I was there just 30min ago doing some 101m shooting so pics coming up later, just need to do some stuff first.

Happy shooting my friend :4:

cricket

OK! so here are my results for todays 101m or 110 yard shooting session. First off, here is some random pics

Ok, so I shot these Groups, and they are all pretty much around 1,7-1,8″ CTC. However if you take away some bad shots some are great, here is four shots within an inch and the fith making it 1,7″

Here are Another four within and inch

Three shots within one centimeter

Here are all four…

As you can see some shots are very consistant within 1″ but other shots ruin the groups. this is shot with about 5 mildot holdover but next time I will probably zero the scope at 100 and keep practicing, I have high hopes and shooting have not been this fun since the old beercan vs springer Days
    :8: :8: :8: :8:

elmerfudd

If you’re shooting at known distances for practice, why don’t you dial your turret 5 mils instead of using holdovers? Btw, how do you like the reticle? To me it looks okay.

cricket
    quote ElmerFudd:

If you’re shooting at known distances for practice, why don’t you dial your turret 5 mils instead of using holdovers? Btw, how do you like the reticle? To me it looks okay.

Easier to just holdover. I like the reticle, it is good that the mildots are their own dots with nothing attached because it makes holding over much easier/cleaner. What I do not like is all the empty space around the reticle, I think they could have used that for extra holdover markings instead but it is not neccessary. Next time I will dial in and zero at 100.

elmerfudd

This is just my humble opinion but zero it at whatever range you shoot at the most. 25, 50, 75, etc. 100 m/yd zero is pretty far for an airgun. Like I said, dial the turrets for a 100 yd range so you’re using your reticle at dead center. That’s why scopes have turrets right? It’s not just for zeroing. Practicing holdover is good for hunting situations too but that doesn’t seem to be what you’re doing by re-zeroing at 100.

cricket
    quote ElmerFudd:

This is just my humble opinion but zero it at whatever range you shoot at the most. 25, 50, 75, etc. 100 m/yd zero is pretty far for an airgun. Like I said, dial the turrets for a 100 yd range so you’re using your reticle at dead center. That’s why scopes have turrets right? It’s not just for zeroing. Practicing holdover is good for hunting situations too but that doesn’t seem to be what you’re doing by re-zeroing at 100.

If I dial to 100 it is zeroed at 100 😉

airgunwhore
    quote GKU:

quote Airgunwhore:

Well guys it’s all your fault
    after reading this thread I bought the one on yellow for sale from nick trahadias it should be here soon

I have been debating for a while now in whitch compact to get and have always liked the cricket compact especially with this stock

Nick says its stock nothing has been done to it his other cricked were tuned by AZ.
    So questions to all u cricket guys what if anything needs to be done to make it cycle butter smooth
    Thanks in advance

Sweet man … . . congrats …… is it a 177 or a 22 ?

~ Greg

it is a .22. Asked nick the previous owner what the favorite pellet was he said the jsb 18 was its fav is this your experience too

sir-ville

Do yourself ,and the gun , a favor and try Air Arms 16gr pellets.

sir-ville
    quote ElmerFudd:

+ 1 ! I use the turrets rather than the reticle.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 177 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar